Posted by Pablo Molina at 11:43 AM - Categories: Announcements
On June 13th, a privacy organization in which board and advisory board some of us serve and that employs some Georgetown Law students is hosting an interesting event: EPIC Champion of Freedom Awards Dinner.
We will be honoring Rep. Chaffetz [R-UT] and Rep. Holt [D-NJ], the Wall Street Journal, and former Miss USA Susie Castillo. Also, Jeffrey Rosen and danah boyd will be cohosting . You can find more information online at http://www.epic.org/june13/ and in the attachment to this email.
That same week, we are hosting two very important privacy events at the Law Center.
On June 13th, we host “Getting IT Right: Protecting Patient Privacy Rights in a Wired World” is the nation’s first open and inclusive public forum to discuss the future of health privacy in the digital age. You can find more information online at http://www.healthprivacysummit.org/
From June 14th to June 16th, we host the 21st Computers, Freedom and Privacy Conference, with a keynote address by Senator Leahy. You can find more information online at http://www.cfp.org/2011.
Experts at ACM-Sponsored Conference Debate Cybersecurity, Privacy, Democracy in World of Computing-Enabled Devices
• Senator Patrick Leahy, Chair, Senate Judiciary Committee, to Keynote Conference June 16
• Keynoter Cameron Kerry, US Dept. of Commerce General Counsel
• Keynoter Danah Boyd, Microsoft Research
• Keynoter Edith Ramirez, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission
• Keynoter Mona Eltahawy, Columnist on Arab and Muslim issues
• Keynoter Bruce Schneier, Renowned security technologist and author
• Keynoter Alessandro Acquisti, Carnegie Mellon University
• ACM Public Policy Council (USACM) leaders Annie Anton, Stuart Shapiro, Andrew Grosso
We hope you can join us. We'd also very much appreciate it if you could spread the word.