-- Health Clients and Collaborators
Over the past several years, our clients and collaborators on health and food policy include the following.
- Center for Health Insurance Reform (CHIR), at Georgetown University's Health Policy Institute.
- Framework Convention Alliance (FCA), a coalition of international NGOs that support tobacco control legislation in countries around the world.
- National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP), an independent academy of state health policymakers working together to identify emerging issues, develop policy solutions, and improve state health policy and practice.
- National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD), a membership organization of state and territorial AIDS directors that provides technical assistance and advocacy support related to HIV/AIDS and viral hepatitis.
- School Food FOCUS (Transforming Food Options for Children in Urban Schools) and its regional initiatives, which include the National Procurement Initiative, the Upper Midwest Learning Lab (school districts of Chicago, Cleveland, Des Moines, Detroit Omaha, Minneapolis and Saint Paul) and the Southern Learning Lab (school districts of Houston, Nashville, and Orange County (FL)).
- Washington Sustainable Food &Farming Network (WSFFN).
- Health Care Dynamics International, a contractor for the U.S. government, in support of policy projects for the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services: Center for Public Integrity (CPI) and the Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs (OSORA).
- Centers for Disease Control, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity.
State and local governments, policy councils, and legislators
- Baltimore Food Policy Task Force, along with the Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future
- Individual legislators in Maryland, California, Connecticut
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Maryland Attorney General, Office of Consumer Protection
- National Conference of State Legislatures
- School Districts:Aldine (TX), Charleston (SC), Des Moines, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Gwinnett County (GA), Milwaukee, Nashville, Oakland, Orange County (FL), Omaha, San Diego, Prince William County (VA)
- Washington State Department of Agriculture
O’Neill Institute of National and Global Health Law
The Institute unites faculty from Georgetown’s law and health campuses. It advances law as a fundamental tool for solving critical health problems in global, national, and local communities.