-- Health Clients and Collaborators
Over the past several years, we have analyzed health funding streams, legal issues related to federal health reform, emergency preparedness strategies, support for community health workers (CHWs), international tobacco control, consumer protection in genetic testing, and community food policy. Our clients for this work include the following.
- School Food FOCUS, a project of Public Health Solutions (New York City)
- Washington Sustainable Food & Farming Network (WSFFN)
- National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP), an independent academy of state health policymakers working together to identify emerging issues, develop policy solutions, and improve state health policy and practice.
- Framework Convention Alliance (FCA), a coalition of international NGOs that support tobacco control legislation in countries around the world.
- Health Care Dynamics International, a contractor for the U.S. government, in support of policy projects for the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services: Center for Public Integrity (CPI) and the Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs (OSORA).
- Centers for Disease Control, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity.
State and local governments, policy councils, and legislators
- Washington State Department of Agriculture
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Baltimore Food Policy Task Force, along with the Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future
- National Conference of State Legislatures
- Individual legislators in Maryland, California, Connecticut
- Maryland Attorney General, Office of Consumer Protection
O’Neill Institute of National and Global Health Law
The Institute unites faculty from Georgetown’s law and health campuses. It advances law as a fundamental tool for solving critical health problems in global, national, and local communities.