Arranging the Call-Back Interview
Acknowledging the Call-Back Invitation
If your initial interview was successful, you may receive a letter or phone call from the employer inviting you to visit its office. Make sure to:
- Answer your phone as professionally as possible, keeping in mind that it could be a potential employer.
- Have your answering machine turned on with a professional message.
- Have notes on possible employers within close range of the phone.
- Acknowledge a call-back invitation as soon as possible, preferably within 24 hours.
- Confirm your acceptance with an e-mail or a letter to the employer.
Generally, employers make hiring decisions on a revolving basis. Therefore, you should try to follow some basic guidelines:
- Try to arrange the interview with the employer at the earliest possible date. If you interview at a later date, you run the risk that offers may already have been extended.
- Know your schedule before you call the employer, and be prepared to suggest two or three available times.