Georgetown Law Open on Time
The Law Center will open on time FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2015, but liberal leave is in effect. All designated emergency employees must report to work on time. All other employees may take unscheduled leave, but should contact their supervisor to discuss the needs of their unit and individual circumstances. Unless otherwise notified, classes will begin at their normal time. Instructional Continuity is in effect for the faculty members that wish to exercise it.
One of the best sources for gathering information about what's happening in an occupation or an industry is to talk to people working in the field. This process is called informational or research interviewing and is an integral part of your networking activities. An informational interview is an interview that you initiate – you ask the questions. The purpose is to obtain information, not to get a job.
Reasons to Conduct Informational Interviews:
- To explore careers and clarify your career goal
- To discover employment opportunities that are not advertised
- To expand your professional network
- To build confidence for your job interviews
- To access the most up-to-date career information
- To identify your professional strengths and weaknesses
- To decide whether a particular field is right for you
- To identify how to make yourself more attractive to employers
- Steps to Follow
- Questions to Ask