Georgetown Law will open at 11:00 am on Monday, December 9. Liberal leave in effect. Law Library will open at its regular hour. Designated emergency personnel must report to work on time.
Review session and make-up classes that begin before 11:00 am will begin at 11:00 am. Review session and make-up classes that begin after 11:00 am will begin at their normal time, unless otherwise noted on the class cancellation line: 202-662-9446 or the class cancellation page on the Law Center website.
International Student Interview Program 2009 Advice
José Manuel Silva, a 2009 graduate of Georgetown University Law Center's Master of Laws in Securities and Financial Regulation, secured a position in a very prominent law firm in New York through the ISIP program. The following links list his advice and tips for students considering ISIP as an option to secure employment after graduation from the LL.M. program. He also has good suggestions on other aspects of the job search process in the United States.
- Introduction and Background
- What is ISIP and What Types of Employers Participate in the Program?
- Overview of ISIP
- Expectations and Key to Success in ISIP
- Value of Participating in Receptions During ISIP Weekend
- How to Prepare for ISIP and Questions You Can Expect that Interviewers Will Ask You
- What to Do After ISIP?
- When Do You Recommend that Foreign-Trained LL.M. Candidates Start Their Job Search Process?
- Recommendations for Winter Break
- Are Grades Important to Employers?
- Value of Externships