Candidate Pool (100% Employer Pre-Screened)
TIP is a 100% employer pre-screened program. Employers submit a job description and hiring criteria* and request resumes and other application materials (cover letter, J.D. and LL.M. transcripts) through the online system. These requirements are communicated directly to students, who are thus aware of the employer's hiring criteria when deciding whether or not to bid for an interview.
The candidate pool will include:
- Tax LL.M. candidates from Georgetown Law and NYU Law, including both U.S.-and foreign-trained attorneys. Most candidates are pursuing their degrees as full-time students, but some part-time students will also be available to interview.
- Tax LL.M. graduates from Georgetown Law and NYU Law who are now in their final year as law clerks for Judges of the U.S. Tax Court.
- Georgetown Law and NYU Law students enrolled in the J.D./LL.M. joint degree program in Taxation.
- Georgetown Law students enrolled in the Certificate in Employee Benefits, Certificate in State and Local Taxation, Certificate in Estate Planning and Certificate in International Taxation programs, in conjunction with their LL.M. in Taxation programs, and NYU Law students enrolled in the LL.M. in International Taxation.
* Please note that, since Georgetown Law and NYU Law do not rank students within their respective LL.M. programs, employers will not be able to specify "top third of class" or "top __ percent of class" with respect to academic performance in the LL.M. program.