Program Dates, Schedule, and Enrollment Information
- Foundations of American Law and Legal Education: July 7, 2013 - July 27, 2013
- Professional Responsibility Law in the United States: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, July 29, 2013 - August 16, 2013
- U.S. Legal Discourse I: Tuesdays and Thursdays, July 30, 2013 - August 15, 2013, 10:00am-12:10pm
- U.S. Legal Discourse II: August 19, 2013 - August 23, 2013, 10:00am-12:30pm
Tuition: Foundations of American Law and Legal Education tuition for 2013 is $2,000.00. There is no tuition charge for Professional Responsibility Law in the United States or for U.S. Legal Discourse I or II for students enrolling full-time for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Housing at Gewirz Student Center
We encourage students to live on-campus during Foundations to enjoy the cultural exchange experienced by living, studying and socializing with participants from other countries. Spouses are welcome, but we are not licensed for children in the Gewirz Student Center. Students wishing to bring their children must make off-campus housing arrangements. On-campus housing is not available during the non-Foundations portion of the LL.M. Summer Experience.
The student apartments have a kitchen, two bedrooms, a private bathroom and a living room; the student efficiency apartments have a kitchen, two bedrooms and private bathroom, but no living room. Each bedroom has a desk, single bed, bed linens, blankets, and towels. Each kitchen will have some dishes, but no cooking utensils, microwaves or coffee makers.
Housing Costs, pending Board of Directors approval
- 2-bedroom efficiency shared with one other participant at $1,475.00 each, July 7, 2013 - July 27, 2013. ($500.00 per person housing deposit required.)
- 2-bedroom apartment with living room shared with one other participant at $1,525.00 each, July 7, 2013 - July 27, 2013. ($500.00 per person housing deposit required.)
- 2-bedroom apartment with living room for student & spouse at $3,050.00, July 7, 2013 - July 27, 2013. ($1,000.00 housing deposit required.)
Please click here to be redirected to the Admitted Students page, where you can log in to access the enrollment form for the LL.M. Summer Experience 2013.
The deadline to enroll for Foundations of American Law is May 31st. After May 31st, students will be enrolled on a space available basis, and a spot is not guaranteed.
The deadline to enroll for Professional Responsibility Law in the United States and United States Legal Discourse I is June 28th. After June 28th, students will be enrolled on a space available basis, and a spot is not guaranteed. The deadline to enroll for United States Legal Discourse II is June 28th, but this course has a limited enrollment of 36 students, and we expect spots to fill quickly.
Visa Information: All non-U.S. citizens must have an entry visa valid for study in the U.S. Georgetown Law requires proof that every student who is not a citizen of the U.S. is legally able to be in the country to attend school.
Questions: Contact Indira Dingledine, email@example.com.
Foundations Schedule (PDF)