Borzu Sabahi, S.J.D. '09
Partner, Curtis Mallet-Prevost Colt & Mosle, LLP
Adjunct Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center
BA., University of Tehran; M.A., University of Tehran; LL.M., S.J.D., Georgetown
Dr. Sabahi is a Partner in Curtis Mallet-Prevost's International Arbitration Group and an Adjunct Professor of Law at Georgetown where he co-teaches a course on Investor-State Dispute Resolution. He concurrently serves as Co-Director of the International Law Institute's International Investment Law Center and as Co-Chief Editor of Brill's Research Perspectives on International Investment Law and Arbitration. Visit Dr. Sabahi's external web profile.
- Natural Resources and the Law of the Sea, ILI Series on International Law, Practice and Arbitration, Vol. 2 (co-editor in chief with Ian Laird and Anne-Marie Whitesell, Juris Publishing/ILI 2017)
- Investment Treaty Arbitration and International Law: Volume 10 (co-editor Juris Publishing 2017).
- Occidental V. Ecuador: Lessons On Annulling ICSID Awards, Law360, Jan. 26, 2016
- Investment Treaty Arbitration and International Law: Volume 9 (co-editor, Juris Publishing 2016).
- Yukos v. Russian Federation: Observations on the Tribunal's Ruling on Damages, TDM June 2015, reprinted in J. Damages Int'l Arb. (Aug. 2015) (co-author)
- Interim and Emergency Relief in International Arbitration, ILI Series on International Law, Arbitration and Practice (General Editor)
- Trends in International Investment Disputes: 2013 Year in Review, Yearbook on International Investment Law & Policy (Oxford) (co-author)
- Investment Treaty Arbitration and International Law: Volume 8 (co-editor, Juris Publishing 2015)
- A Revolution in the International Rule of Law: Essays in Honor of Don Wallace, Jr. (co-editor Juris Publishing, 2014)
- Certainty in Recovery of Damages for Losses to New or Incomplete Businesses - Three Paradigms: Biloune v. Ghana, Gemplus v. Mexico, and Siag v. Egypt, in id (co-author).
- Case Commentary: Philip Morris v. Uruguay. No. ARB/10/7. Decision on Jurisdiction, 108 Am. J. Int'l L. 67 (co-author, 2014)
- Occidental Petroleum v. Ecuador (2012): Observations on Proportionality, Assessment of Damages and Contributory Fault, ICSID Review-F.I.L.J. (July 2013) (co-authored with Kabir Duggal)
- Investor State Arbitration in Central Asia, TDM Tenth Anniversary Special Issue (2013) (co-author)
- Trends in International Investment Disputes: 2011 Year in Review, Columbia Yearbook on International Investment Law & Policy (Oxford 2012) (co-authored with Ian Laird, Frederick Sourgens, Nicholas Birch)
- Limits on Compensation for Internationally Wrongful Acts, in International Investment Law, edited by Prof. Dr. Marc Bungenberg, Prof. Dr. Jörn Griebel, Prof. Dr. Stephan Hobe und Prof. Dr. August Reinisch (co-author)