Status of Georgetown Law Campus for Thursday, March 22

The Law Center will be open tomorrow, Thursday, March 22, 2018, with Liberal Leave and Instructional Continuity in place. Classes start at their normal time. Emergency employees report on time.

New F-1 and J-1 Students

Do you need an I-20 or DS-2019? 

Complete the International Student Questionnaire and submit your supporting documents.  After we receive all of your supporting documents, we will send you a Form I-20 or Form DS-2019.   You will use the I-20 or DS-2019 apply for a student visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country.  Canadian citizens are except from the visa requirement but must still obtain an I-20 or DS-2019 in order to enter the U.S. as a student.  

Contact Information

If you have questions not answered on this website, please email  

Which form should I request?

Form I-20 (for F-1 visa/status): Most international students use an I-20 and obtain F-1 status.  If you are primarily funded through personal or family funds, you should request an I-20 from Georgetown.

Form DS-2019 (for J-1 visa/status): Some students are eligible for a J-1 status.  Students eligible for this type of status include A) Students who are receiving at least 50% of their total program funding from an institutional sponsor, such as their home country government, and B) Transnational Programs foreign-exchange students.  

More questions? Look at the F-1/J-1 Comparison Chart



On The Web

Maps & Directions

Google Location Map Georgetown University Law Center 600 New Jersey Avenue NW Washington, DC 20001