Once You Arrive
To maintain your F-1 or J-1 status, you must complete three steps after arriving in the U.S.
- Update your local address in MyAccess
- Complete Document Check-In
- Attend Immigration and Compliance Session
- Log in to MyAccess (https://myaccess.georgetown.edu/) with your NetID and password.
- Click the "Personal Information" tab.
- Select "View/Access Addresses and Phone Numbers"
- Select "Update Addresses and Phones"
- Select "Local Off-Campus and click "insert"
- Input your local address and phone number and save. The end date (until this date) field can be left blank.
Please bring the following to your document check-in:
- Passport with F-1/J-1 visa
- I-20 or DS-2019, and the I-20s/DS-2019s of any dependents.
LL.M. Summer Experience students will receive a email with available check-in times.
LL.M. Summer Experience students will need to attend a session during the first week of Foundations.
All other students will need to attend a session during Orientation. Please see your Orientation schedule for date, time, and location.
It is important that you attend the session, even if you have already been in F-1 or J-1 status at another university. Georgetown has many Georgetown-specific policies, and we want to make sure that you understand our policies and your responsibilities before the year begins.