Note: Applicants to this program must demonstrate a high level of French proficiency. Proficiency in French may be demonstrated in one of three ways outlined below.
Provide TCF (Test de Connaissance du Francais) test results showing a score of 500 or above, or a DELF/DALF (Diplome approfondi de langue Francais) results showing a minimum score of C1. Contact the nearest Alliances Francais to find out more about these tests. Original test results should be provided to OTP by the February 24 deadline, according to the instructions provided in the online application.
Provide a letter of recommendation from a French language teacher that speaks to your current ability to read, speak, write, and understand French. Letters should be sent directly to OTP according to the instructions provided in the online application. Students who select Option 2 must submit the letter of recommendation to OTP by the February 24 application deadline.
Schedule a Skype or phone interview with a Sciences Po administrator to assess proficiency. Students interested in this option should contact Elodie Luquet to make arrangements as soon as possible before the application deadline. Also, students pursuing this option should submit the written statements detailed below before their interview date. All interviews should be completed no later than the February 24 application deadline.
Students who select Option 3 must also provide the following documents written in French. Both documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of their interview with Elodie Luquet.
- A one-page essay, written in French, explaining why you are applying to the program (career goals, what courses you wish to take and why)
- A one-page statement detailing the following:
- French language courses taken (type of courses, work load, level, length)
- Work experience in a French-speaking country (type of work, length of placement)
- Other academic or work experience conducted in French (summer school, internships, tutoring, essays written in French
Applicants must also submit a signed statement affirming that they received no assistance in writing or editing the either document.
All applications must be submitted through OTP's online application system. Click the link below to create an account and complete the application requirements.
Note: If you have already created an account for another semester abroad program, you do not need to do so again. Instead, follow the link above and click login at the top right of the page to start a new application.
- February 24, 2015: Online Application Deadline
- March 5, 2015: Deadline for OTP to notify applicants if their Sciences Po applications have been approved
- March 24, 2015: Deadline for approved students to submit secondary application materials requested by Sciences Po. (Details will be provided to approved students via their online account)
- April 30, 2015: Deadline for Sciences Po to notify approved students if they have been admitted to the program