Fall 2013 Academic Calendar
A fall 2014 calendar will be posted when it becomes available. In the meantime the 2013 calendar is below for reference.
- July 22 - August 2 - Argentine Culture and Language Course (optional)
- August 2 — International Students Orientation
- August 5 — First Day of Classes
- August 5 – 9 — Class Registration
- August 19 — Holiday (no classes)
- September 13 — Holiday (no classes)
- September 30 - October 11 — Mid Term Exams
- October 14 — Holiday (no classes)
- November 25 — Holiday (no classes)
- November 29 - End of Classes
- December 2 - 20 — Final Exams
- December 8 — Holiday
The law degree program at UTDT is an undergraduate, full-time, five-year course of study, using the case method and simulation techniques. It also features moot court competitions, intensive training in legal writing, and externship programs. Students visiting the university can take classes offered to fourth and fifth-year students. Students may also take approved courses in UTDT's LLM programs in Law and Economic, and Tax Law. These courses tend to be short, meeting over the span of a month or less. The following courses were available to Georgetown students in 2013.
Approved 4th & 5th year courses:
- Concursos y Quiebras / Meeting of Creditors and Bankruptcies
- Contabilidad y Análisis Financiero / Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Derecho Internacional Privado / International Private Law
- Procedimiento Administrativo y Constitucional / Administrative and Consitutional Procedural Practice
- Seminario de Investigación en Economía y Filosofía del Derecho / Interdisciplinary Seminar in Economics and Philosophy of Law
- Derecho Penal Tributario
- Derecho de la Competencia
- Estrategia Empresaria
- Procedimiento Tributario
- Impuesto a las Ganancias II
- Litigacion Compleja
- Derecho Tributario Internacional
- Valuacion de Empresas
- Regulacion Bancaria
Because new course offerings may not be publicized until the start of the term, it is possible that not all eligible courses are listed above. Participants in this program who wish to enroll in any course not listed above must contact the Office of Transnational Programs by email to request approval. Participants should not expect to receive credit for courses that are not expressly approved by OTP.
Undergraduate courses are typically worth between 2-4 Georgetown credits and LLM courses are typically 1-2 credits, depending on the amount of time the class meets. Final credit amounts are determined when UTDT releases its timetable.
Approved students will submit their initial course preferences by March 25; however, registration in individual courses will not be confirmed until students arrive at UTDT in late July.
Spanish Language Proficiency
Students who participate in this program are required to have a high level of Spanish proficiency. The Office of Transnational Programs reserves the right to ask students to submit to language testing before issuing final approval for their participation.
The Universidad Torcuato Di Tella does not offer on-campus housing to its students. The International Programs Office at UTDT can assist in the housing search by offering a list of families who rent rooms to students (this provides a more intimate glimpse of Argentine life). The UTDT Office of International Programs can also provide information on off-campus student dormitories.
The budget below provides 2013 amounts. An updated 2014 budget will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
|Study Abroad Insurance||$140|