Externships in Environmental Law
One of the many ways that students interested in environmental law are able to complement Georgetown’s robust doctrinal and clinical offerings is by earning credit outside of the classroom through the Law Center’s JD Externship Program. With our unique location in the center of Washington, students have unparalleled access to high-profile government agencies and nonprofit organizations focused on critical environmental issues.
In recent years, Georgetown Law students earned externship credit in the following federal government offices:
- White House Council on Environmental Quality;
- Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division;
- EPA Office of Criminal Enforcement;
- EPA Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance; and
- EPA Office of Administrative Law Judges.
Students have also worked at prestigious organizations including:
- Center for International Environmental Law;
- Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility;
- Sierra Club Environmental Law Program;
- Environmental Integrity Project; and
- U.S. Coast Guard.
Click here for more about externships at Georgetown Law.