In the News
- Click here to read Faculty Director Peter Edelman's piece: 50 Years Later: Why We Must Remember the Civil Rights Movement.
- On October 2, 2014, the Center on Poverty released the report “Improving Wages, Improving Lives: Why raising the minimum wage is a civil and human rights issue” with the Leadership Conference Education Fund. The report explores how the nation’s historically low minimum wage is an important driver of poverty and income inequality and examines the current state of minimum wage policy on the state and federal level, as well as the far-reaching benefits of a minimum wage increase.
- Click here to read the three key steps that Indivar Dutta-Gupta, director of the Center's deep poverty project, recommends policymakers take to expand economic opportunity and security for people still struggling in this economy.
- Click here to read Executive Director Rebecca Epstein’s op-ed on fighting sex trafficking, published in TalkPoverty.org, a production of the Half in Ten Education Fund and the The Center for American Progress.
- Click here to read Faculty Director Peter Edelman and Executive Director Rebecca Epstein’s op-ed in the Boston Globe, highlighting the Blueprint’s findings on the multidisciplinary effort to fight sex trafficking in the Boston area.
- Click here to listen to our faculty director, Peter Edelman, on the Diane Rehn show, in a recent episode on the causes and consequences of rising poverty in the US.
- On March 20, 2014 the Center on Poverty released a new report: Blueprint: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Sex Trafficking of Girls.
- Read Peter Edelman and Rebecca Epstein's op-ed published by Reuters: "Helping the Victims of American Sex Trafficking".
- On November 15, 2013, the Center on Poverty launched its new policy series, Voices and Visibility for Disconnected Girls: Responding to Trauma, with a conference on Girls and Trauma, keynoted by Dr. Stephanie Covington and co-hosted by The Human Rights Project for Girls and The National Crittenton Foundation. See the video of the conference here: