Institutes, Centers and Scholarly Initiatives
Our centers and institutes play an important role in shaping public policy and debate. Regular lectures, conferences and symposia throughout the year allow students to join the conversation. At our Supreme Court Institute, students hear Supreme Court advocates deliver compelling oral arguments even before the justices do. It's just part of what happens at Georgetown Law every day.
A Vibrant Community
Georgetown Law is actively engaged in the legal, political, environmental and social issues in the nation and world today. Georgetown Law hosts lectures and panels on global health, human rights, antitrust law, the environment, the U.S. Supreme Court, international trade, immigration and refugees, war crimes and torture, and juvenile justice, among many other topics.
Visitors to campus and Georgetown Law events over the past 4 years have included U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden, U.S. Supreme Court Justices Elena Kagan, Samuel Alito, Stephen Breyer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor, Chief Justice John Roberts, Retired Justices Sandra Day O'Connor and David Souter, Solicitor General Donald B. Verrilli, Jr., former Solicitor General Seth P. Waxman, former Solicitor General Paul D. Clement, former Acting Solicitor General Walter Dellinger, Gloria Borger of CNN, Anita Hill, Pakistan Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammed Chaudhry, former Commander of the U.S. Central Command and Commander of Coalition Forces in Afghanistan David Petraeus, George Mitchell, George Soros, Alan Greenspan, John Grisham, Nina Totenberg, Wolf Blitzer, Paul Auster and Aasif Mandvi.
- Supreme Court Institute
- Center for the Advancement of the Rule of Law in the Americas
- Center for the Constitution
- Center on National Security and the Law
- Center on Transnational Business and the Law
- Center for the Study of the Legal Profession
- Georgetown Climate Center
- Georgetown Environmental Law and Policy Program
- Human Rights Institute
- Institute of International Economic Law
- Institute for Public Representation
- Institute for the Study of International Migration
- Law Asia
- O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law
- The Georgetown Center on Poverty, Inequality, & Public Policy
- Women's Law and Public Policy Fellowship Program
- International Migrants Bill of Rights