Georgetown Law Closed: Wednesday, March 21
The Law Center is closed today, Wednesday, March 21, 2018, due to inclement weather. All activities and services, including scheduled events (student organization meetings and events, CLE, and conferences), are canceled. On-site classes will not be held in person and will be held according to the faculty member’s instructional continuity plan. All administrative offices are closed. The food services operation, fitness center and Early Learning Center are closed. The library is closed. It is expected that only designated emergency employees will come to the Law Center to fulfill their responsibilities. All others -- including students, staff, faculty, and visitors -- are expected not come to the Law Center, which will not be staffed to support anything other than essential life safety and snow/ice clearing functions.
Asian Law Alumni Advisory Board (ALAAB)
The Asian Law Alumni Advisory Board (ALAAB) is a joint effort between the Law Center's Office of Advancement and Office of Graduate Programs.
The purpose of this Board is to assist Georgetown Law in the following ways:
- To serve as senior Georgetown Law ambassadors and strengthen the school's international visibility and reputation;
- To identify and report on trends in legal practice and education outside the United States so that Georgetown Law's curriculum and programs may respond to the changing nature of global practice and changing trends in legal education;
- To advise on ways the Law Center may enhance its connections with alumni abroad, fostering creation of a sustainable, organized and active global alumni network;
- To assist in identifying opportunities for international programs or partnerships with educational or other istitutions abroad;
- To advise on ways the Law Center may enhance the marketing and visibility of its LL.M. program and on ways to increase international internships and employment opportunities for both J.D. and LL.M. students and graduates.