Georgetown International Arbitration Alumni
Founded in 2015, Georgetown International Arbitration Alumni (“GIAA”) serves as a worldwide professional network and resource for Georgetown alumni interested in international arbitration and dispute resolution. GIAA includes professionals who currently practice in international arbitration related matters at institutions and law firms around the world.
The group works closely with Georgetown University Law Center, including the Office of Alumni Affairs, Graduate Career and Professional Development, International Arbitration Programs, and the Georgetown International Arbitration Society. By linking alumni to each other and with the Law Center, GIAA plays a key role in supporting Georgetown Law’s leading program in international arbitration and dispute resolution.
GIAA was founded, and is currently led, by the following individuals:
- Ricardo Ampudia, LLM 2013
- María Carolina Durán, LLM 2012
- Eduardo Mathison, LLM 2013
- Marisa Planells-Valero, LLM 2012
- María Isabel Pradilla Picas, JD 2014
GIAA interacts largely via its closed LinkedIn network and email announcements. To join the discussion, please follow the instructions below.
- To receive email announcements: Please be sure to update your contact information and select “International Arbitration” here.
- To request access to the LinkedIn network: Please follow this link.
- To contact GIAA: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GIAA’s Launch Happy Hour
Oct. 28, 2015 (18:30 – 20:30)
Philo’s Mezze and & Wine Bar
401 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Invited Speaker: Claudia Frutos-Peterson, LLM ‘03
- 13th Annual ICC Miami Conference on International Arbitration
Nov. 2, 2015 (18:00 – 20:00)
600 Brickell Ave., Miami, FL 33131
Welcome remarks by: Anne Marie Whitesell, Professor and Director of Program on International Arbitration