Frequently Asked Questions
What is the GOCard?
The GOCard is a single, common and recognizable identification card for people who are affiliated with Georgetown University. The GOCard is also a debit card that will allow you to use your personal Debit Account for purchases around campus. The GOCard can be used for food purchases in the various eating establishments around campus, and it provides access to the various buildings on campus.
The GOCard can be used for building access, library circulation, vending machine purchases, photocopying and microfiche, laundry services, parking, lockers, course materials and theater, movie, sporting tickets, and discounts to area and national establishments. The GOCard can also be used in the cafeteria and in the bookstore.
If you are a new Faculty, Student, Staff or Affiliate at the Law Center, there are two ways in which you can get a GOCard and avoid standing in line. By following one of these options, your card will be ready for you when you arrive on campus.
- You can email your photo in .jpg or .bmp format to email@example.com or
- You can submit your photo with the by US Mail GOCard Express ID Request form
All photos must be passport type color photos with frontal view of just the head and shoulders on a solid white or blue background. Any photos inappropriate for use on the GOCard will not be processed.
Your GOCard Debit account is setup when your GOCard is created. You will immediately be able to enjoy the convenience of using your Debit account to make purchases around campus as soon as you deposit funds into your account. Depositing of funds into your GOCard Debit account indicates full agreement with the GOCard Terms and Conditions.
- Funds can be added at the Satellite GOCard Office. The GOCard Office accepts cash, checks and credit cards (Visa or MasterCard Only).
- Use our secure On-Line Card Office at http://onlinecardoffice.georgetown.edu/ at your convenience, to make deposits directly into your GOCard account. (Visa or MasterCard Only)
Deposits made through the GOCard On-line Card Office are available immediately upon completion of a valid transaction and is protected by our secure server. Deposits can also be made with cash at the various Deposit Stations located around campus.
The Deposit Stations are located in the following areas:
- McDonough Hall 1st floor cafeteria entrance
- Sport & Fitness Center lobby next to the Satellite GOCard Office
- Williams Library 3rd floor copy area
- Gewirz Student Lounge 1st floor vending room
- Wolf Library 3rd floor