Configuring Yahoo Mail to Send & Receive LawMail
You can configure Yahoo Mail so that it appears as though the emails sent from that account are coming from your LawMail account.
- Open your Yahoo Mail account.
- Click on Options tab (located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen) and choose the More Options option from the submenu that appears.
- The General page will open.
- Click on the Accounts link, located on the left-hand side of the page.
- The Accounts page will open.
- Click on the Add Account button.
- Type Georgetown Law in the Account Name field.
- Type your full name in the Your 'From' Name field.
- Enter your LawMail address in the Email Address field.
- Click on the Save Changes button, located on the top of the page. (Do NOT complete any other information on this page.)
- A Verify Email Address dialog will appear.
- Click on the Send Code link, located in Step 1.
- A green checkmark will appear next to the link and Yahoo Mail will send a confirmation email to your LawMail account.
- Open a new browser window or tab and sign into your LawMail account.
- Open the email from Yahoo Member Services.
- Copy the confirmation code from that email and paste it into the field located in Step 3 of the Verify Email Address dialog.
- Click on the Done button.
- Click on the Back to Mail button, located in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Browse to http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/system/account/forwarding.
- Enter your Yahoo Mail address in the Forward E-Mail to this Address field.
- Do not enable the Check To Leave A Copy Of Incoming Messages In Your Georgetown Law Mail Inbox field.*
- Click on the Update button.
- Yahoo Mail will now be configured to send and receive LawMail.
*Your LawMail inbox can fill up quickly, especially if you are not checking it. Once it does, you can no longer send or receive LawMail. So, it is best to leave the Check To Leave A Copy Of Incoming Messages In Your Georgetown Law Mail Inbox field disabled (without the checkmark).
Click HERE to return to the Configuring Entourage, Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo Mail to Send and Receive LawMail page.