Revealing Full Email Headers in Outlook 2010
The IST Department encourages all Law Center community members to forward spam to email@example.com. However, in order for the IST Department to block the spam, you must include the full email headers in the email that you forward. Follow the instructions below to do so.
- Open the offending email.
- Click on the File tab.
- Select the Info option.
- Click on the Properties icon.
- The Properties dialog will open.
- Right-click on the text in the Internet Headers section.
- Choose the option Select All from the submenu that appears.
- The text will appear in inverse video, indicating that it is selected.
- Right-click on the selected text.
- A submenu will appear.
- Choose the option Copy from the submenu that appears.
- Click on the Close button.
- The Properties dialog will close and you will return to the offending email.
- Click on its Forward button.
- Type firstname.lastname@example.org in the To field.
- Right-click once in the body of the message.
- Choose the option Paste from the submenu that appears.
- The text that you selected from the Internet Headers section (the full email headers) will be pasted into the email.
- Click on the Send button.
Click HERE to return to the LawMail Information page.