The Law Center's wireless network is called gulaw-secure. When you connect to gulaw-secure, your wireless signal is encrypted, securing your connection against eavesdropping and possible data theft. To connect, you must be on the Law Center campus, have an active NetID, and know your Georgetown University password. Gulaw-secure supports any device that complies with the 802.11n Wi-Fi and WPA2 authentication standards.
Android and Chrome Users
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Wireless and Network.
- Click on Wi-Fi settings.
- Under Wi-Fi networks, click on gulaw-secure.
- Enter the following:
- Identity: Your NetID
- Password: Your Law Center Password
6. Press Connect.
- Tap Settings and then Wi-Fi.
- Tap gulaw-secure from the list of networks under the CHOOSE A NETWORK...section
- In the Enter Password screen, enter your University NetID in the username field and your University NetID password in the password field.
- Tap Join.
- When the gulawsecure.law.georgetown.edu certificate appears, tap Trust.
1. Click the Wireless Signal icon and select gulaw-secure.
2. Enter your University NetID in the username field and your University NetID password in the password field.
- Click on the Wireless Signal icon, select gulaw-secure and click Connect.
- In the Network Authentication window, enter your University NetID in the user name field and your University NetID password in the password field.
General Configuration Settings for Other Devices
You can use the below-listed configuration settings if instructions have not been provided for your specific device. You may be able to obtain detailed instructions and screen images by performing an Internet search for wireless configuration instructions for your device.
- SSID: gulaw-wireless
- Security: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption: (AES)
- Authentication: (PEAP)
- Network Authentication Method: Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAPv2)
- Certificate Information: AddTrust External CA Root and InCommon Server CA
If you have any problems connecting to gulaw-secure or experience coverage issues, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 202-662-9284 or email@example.com.