Georgetown Law Open on Time
The Law Center will open on time, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, but liberal leave is in effect.
All designated emergency employees must report to work on time. All other employees may take unscheduled leave, but should contact their supervisor to discuss the needs of their unit and individual circumstances. Classes will begin at their normal time, unless otherwise noted on the class cancellation line: 202-662-9446 or the class cancellation page. Any changes to this announcement will be communicated through the same channels by 5:00 am on Tuesday morning.
Fuze and Academic Continuity
Georgetown Law uses Fuze for its web conferencing. Fuze is a key component of the Law Center's Academic and Business Continuity Strategy, the goal of which is to support classes and meetings in the event of an emergency closure.
To create a Fuze account, browse to https://www.fuzebox.com and click the Log in button, located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. You will need to enter your LawMail address and Georgetown University password.
A printable set of instructions for Fuze Web Conferencing can be found HERE.
Web conferencing best practices and instructions for using the Law Center's equipment are listed below:
- A Video Conferencing Best Practices FAQ is located at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/Video-Conferencing-Best-Practices.cfm.
- Video Conferencing Scheduling and Equipment Instructions are located at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/VideoConferencing.cfm.
Fuze tutorial links are provided below:
- A quick-start guide is located at https://www.fuzebox.com/support/fuze-ed/quick-start-guides and
- An on-demand tutorial is located at https://www.fuzebox.com/support/fuze-ed/on-demand-tutorials.
- An overall Fuze tutorial is located at https://www.fuze.com/product#greatExperience.
Another approach to academic continuity is the Law Center's digital classroom recording system. Faculty and students can request classroom recordings by using the form located at https://apps.law.georgetown.edu/class-recordings.