Installing Updates on a Windows Laptop
These instructions pertain to a Windows-based laptop (a PC), not an Apple computer.
- Click on the Start button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the All Programs option.
- Scroll to the Windows Update option and click once on it.
- The Windows Update window will open.
- Click on the Check for Updates link, located on the left-hand side of the window.
- Install all critical and important updates listed by clicking on the Install Updates button.
Note: Installing updates can take time, especially if you have not done so for a while. You can start the download and install process before you go to bed. The next morning, all you will need to do is restart your machine. Please note that for some updates, the restarting process is critical and you need to let the process continue to its end.