Technology Orientation for Students
- Your University NetID is your username for all Georgetown systems.
- You can obtain your NetID through the Admitted Student website, located at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted-students/index.cfm.
- Please be advised that you have two Georgetown University-issued passwords: your NetID password and your Law Center password.
- Your temporary NetID password begins with the lower-case letters gu, followed by the final 6 digits of your 9-digit GoCard number. To change your NetID password, please visit https://netid-mgmt.georgetown.edu/passwd.
- Your temporary default Law Center password begins with an upper-case letter A, followed by the final 6 digits of your 9-digit GoCard number. To change your Law Center password, please visit https://apps.law.georgetown.edu/system/account/changePassword.cfm.
- To facilitate your computing experience at Georgetown, we strongly recommend that you make your Law Center and NetID passwords the same.
WIRELESS ACCESS AT THE LAW CENTER
- Instructions for connecting to GULAW-SECURE (the Law Center's new wireless network) can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/GULAW-SECURE.cfm.
- The Law Center uses the Georgetown Google Apps for Education email system.
- Your Georgetown University email address is YourNetID@georgetown.edu.
- To open the Georgetown Google Apps for Education email system, navigate to http://apps.georgetown.edu.
- The Georgetown Google Apps for Education email system works best with the Google Chrome browser. If you do not have Chrome installed on your computer, you can download it from https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser.
- To forward your Georgetown Google Apps for Education email account, please follow the instructions located at https://sites.google.com/a/georgetown.edu/georgetown-law-google-apps-help/forwarding.
- An online tutorial for the Georgetown Google Apps for Education email system can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/georgetown.edu/georgetown-law-google-apps-help.
THE LAW CENTER’S RESTRICTED WEBSITES
- To log into the Law Center's restricted websites, navigate to https://apps.law.georgetown.edu/system/login.cfm. Some of the restricted websites are listed below.
- First-Class Reading Assignments can be found at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/reading-assignments/index.cfm.
- Course Materials can be found at https://www.law.georgetown.edu/students/course-materials/index.cfm.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on the Law Center's Courseware System. Instructions for using Courseware can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/online-tutorials/courseware/CoursewareTutorialStudents.cfm.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on The West Education Network (TWEN). Instructions for using TWEN can be found at http://lscontent.westlaw.com/images/content/TWENStudGuide10.pdf.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on LexisNexis’s Web Courses application. Instructions for using Web Courses can be found at http://www.lexisnexis.com/lawschool/webcourses/faq_student.asp.
- MyAccess is a secure online application that provides personal academic services, such as class registration and bill payment.
- To log into MyAccess, navigate to https://myaccess.georgetown.edu.
PUBLIC COMPUTERS AND PRINTERS
- Public computers are available throughout the Law Center campus for student use.
- The computers located in the E.B. Williams and the John Wolff Law Libraries have access to laser printers.
- Printing costs 10¢ per page, deducted from your GOCard.
- Information on the public printing system (including wireless printing from your laptop) can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/PublicPrinting.cfm.
- You can contact the IST Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Law Center's Technology Reference Desk provides support for Law Center network connectivity, anti-spyware software, and anti-virus software. You can visit the Technology Reference Desk in the E.B Williams Law Library, Room 304
- The Technology Reference Desk hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Mondays through Thursdays and 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Fridays, excluding University holidays. You can schedule an appointment by calling 202-662-9905.
- The Technology Reference Desk does not provide support for hardware or software other than Law Center network connectivity, anti-spyware software, and anti-virus software. For hardware and other software support, students should contact their computer manufacturers or a local area service provider. A list of local area service providers can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/personal-computers/PersonalComputerRepairs.cfm.
- Training is available for most of the computer applications used at the Law Center.
- Public classes are announced by email and can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/public-classes/index.cfm.
- You can also contact Dianne Ferro, Assistant Director of Training, for dedicated classes and/or one-on-one sessions at email@example.com.
- The Law Center follows Georgetown University's Computer Systems Acceptable Use Policy. That policy can be found at http://policies.georgetown.edu/31641.html.