Technology Orientation for Students
THE TECHNOLOGY SERVICE DESK
- The Technology Service Desk is located in McDonough Hall, Room 152.
- The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Technology Service Desk will be open during regularly scheduled class hours.
- For more information on the use of technology at the Law Center, please visit http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist.
- Your University NetID is your username for all Georgetown systems.
- You can obtain your NetID through the Admitted Student website, located at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted-students/index.cfm.
- You can obtain your temporary Georgetown University password through the Admitted Student website, located at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted-students/index.cfm.
- To change your password, please visit the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage, located at https://password.georgetown.edu.
- Please be advised that you must setup answers to the personal questions asked on that webpage before you can reset your password.
WIRELESS ACCESS AT THE LAW CENTER
- Instructions for connecting to GULAW-SECURE (the Law Center's wireless network) can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/GULAW-SECURE.cfm.
IMPORTANT CLASS-RELATED WEBSITES
- First-Class Reading Assignments can be found at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/reading-assignments/index.cfm.
- Course Materials can be found at https://www.law.georgetown.edu/students/course-materials/index.cfm.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on the Law Center's Courseware System. Instructions for using Courseware can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/courseware/CoursewareTutorialStudents.cfm.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on The West Education Network (TWEN). Instructions for using TWEN can be found at http://lscontent.westlaw.com/images/content/TWENStudGuide10.pdf.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on LexisNexis’s Web Courses application. Instructions for using Web Courses can be found at http://www.lexisnexis.com/lawschool/webcourses/faq_student.asp.
- The Law Center uses the Georgetown Google Apps for Education (GAE) email system.
- Your Georgetown GAE email address is YourNetID@georgetown.edu.
- To open the Georgetown GAE email system, navigate to http://apps.georgetown.edu.
- The Georgetown GAE email system works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can download Chrome from https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser.
- To forward your Georgetown GAE email account, please follow the instructions located at https://sites.google.com/a/georgetown.edu/georgetown-law-google-apps-help/forwarding.
- An online tutorial for the Georgetown GAE email system can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/georgetown.edu/georgetown-law-google-apps-help.
- Public printers are available throughout the Law Center campus.
- Printing costs 6 cents per page, deducted from your GOCard.
- Instructions for using the public printing system can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/PublicPrinting.cfm.
- The Law Center follows Georgetown University's Computer Systems Acceptable Use Policy. That policy can be found at http://security.georgetown.edu/technology-policies.