Technology Orientation for Students
THE TECHNOLOGY SERVICE DESK
- The Technology Service Desk is located in McDonough Hall, Room 152.
- The email address is email@example.com.
- The Technology Service Desk will be open during regularly scheduled class hours.
- For more information on the use of technology at the Law Center, please visit http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist.
- Your University NetID is your username for all Georgetown online applications.
- You can obtain your NetID through the Admitted Student website, located at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted-students/index.cfm.
- Your temporary password begins with a lower-case gu, followed by the final 6 digits of your 9-digit GoCard number. This password expires 60 days after you receive it.
- To change your password, please visit the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage, located at https://password.georgetown.edu.
- Please take the time to setup answers to the personal questions asked on the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage, so that you can change your password in the future without going through the Technology Service Desk.
WIRELESS ACCESS AT THE LAW CENTER
- Instructions for connecting to GULAW-SECURE (the Law Center's wireless network) can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/GULAW-SECURE.cfm.
IMPORTANT CLASS-RELATED WEBSITES
- First-Class Reading Assignments can be found at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/reading-assignments/index.cfm.
- Course Materials can be found at https://www.law.georgetown.edu/students/course-materials/index.cfm.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on the Law Center's Courseware System. Instructions for using Courseware can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/online-tutorials/courseware/CoursewareTutorialStudents.cfm.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on The West Education Network (TWEN). Instructions for using TWEN can be found at http://lscontent.westlaw.com/images/content/TWENStudGuide10.pdf.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on LexisNexis’s Web Courses application. Instructions for using Web Courses can be found at http://www.lexisnexis.com/lawschool/webcourses/faq_student.asp.
- The Law Center uses the Georgetown Google Apps for Education (GAE) email system.
- Your Georgetown GAE email address is YourNetID@georgetown.edu.
- To open the Georgetown GAE email system, navigate to http://apps.georgetown.edu.
- The Georgetown GAE email system works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can download Chrome from https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser.
- To forward your Georgetown GAE email account, please follow the instructions located at https://sites.google.com/a/georgetown.edu/georgetown-law-google-apps-help/forwarding.
- An online tutorial for the Georgetown GAE email system can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/georgetown.edu/georgetown-law-google-apps-help.
- Public printers are available throughout the Law Center campus.
- Printing costs 6¢ per page, deducted from your GOCard.
- Information on the public printing system (including wireless printing from your laptop) can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/PublicPrinting.cfm.
- The Law Center follows Georgetown University's Computer Systems Acceptable Use Policy. That policy can be found at http://policies.georgetown.edu/31641.html.