Georgetown Law Open on Time
The Law Center will open on time Monday, March 2, 2015, but liberal leave is in effect. All designated emergency employees must report to work on time. All other employees may take unscheduled leave, but should contact their supervisor to discuss the needs of their unit and individual circumstances.
Technology Orientation for Students
THE TECHNOLOGY SERVICE DESK
- The Technology Service Desk is located in McDonough Hall, Room 152.
- The email address is email@example.com.
- The Technology Service Desk will be open during regularly scheduled class hours.
- For more information on the use of technology at the Law Center, please visit http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist.
- Your University NetID is your username for all Georgetown systems.
- You can obtain your NetID through the Admitted Student website, located at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted-students/index.cfm.
- You can obtain your temporary Georgetown University password through the Admitted Student website, located at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted-students/index.cfm.
- To change your password, please visit the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage, located at https://password.georgetown.edu.
- Please be advised that you must setup answers to the personal questions asked on that webpage before you can reset your password.
WIRELESS ACCESS AT THE LAW CENTER
- Instructions for connecting to GULAW-SECURE (the Law Center's wireless network) can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/GULAW-SECURE.cfm.
IMPORTANT CLASS-RELATED WEBSITES
- First-Class Reading Assignments can be found at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/reading-assignments/index.cfm.
- Course Materials can be found at https://www.law.georgetown.edu/students/course-materials/index.cfm.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on the Law Center's Courseware System. Instructions for using Courseware can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/courseware/CoursewareTutorialStudents.cfm.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on The West Education Network (TWEN). Instructions for using TWEN can be found at http://lscontent.westlaw.com/images/content/TWENStudGuide10.pdf.
- Some faculty members have class-related websites on LexisNexis’s Web Courses application. Instructions for using Web Courses can be found at http://www.lexisnexis.com/lawschool/webcourses/faq_student.asp.
- The Law Center uses the Georgetown Google Apps for Education (GAE) email system.
- Your Georgetown GAE email address is YourNetID@georgetown.edu.
- To open the Georgetown GAE email system, navigate to http://apps.georgetown.edu.
- The Georgetown GAE email system works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can download Chrome from https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser.
- To forward your Georgetown GAE email account, please follow the instructions located at https://sites.google.com/a/georgetown.edu/georgetown-law-google-apps-help/forwarding.
- An online tutorial for the Georgetown GAE email system can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/georgetown.edu/georgetown-law-google-apps-help.
- Public printers are available throughout the Law Center campus.
- Printing costs 6 cents per page, deducted from your GOCard.
- Instructions for using the public printing system can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/PublicPrinting.cfm.
- The Law Center follows Georgetown University's Computer Systems Acceptable Use Policy. That policy can be found at http://security.georgetown.edu/technology-policies.
THE CIO’S 2014 STUDENT PRESENTATION
- You can find the CIO's Technology Orientation PowerPoint presentation HERE.