Georgetown Law Closed: Wednesday, March 21
The Law Center is closed today, Wednesday, March 21, 2018, due to inclement weather. All activities and services, including scheduled events (student organization meetings and events, CLE, and conferences), are canceled. On-site classes will not be held in person and will be held according to the faculty member’s instructional continuity plan. All administrative offices are closed. The food services operation, fitness center and Early Learning Center are closed. The library is closed. It is expected that only designated emergency employees will come to the Law Center to fulfill their responsibilities. All others -- including students, staff, faculty, and visitors -- are expected not come to the Law Center, which will not be staffed to support anything other than essential life safety and snow/ice clearing functions.
Passwords and Security
Changing Your Georgetown University Password
All members of the Georgetown University community must change their passwords twice a year.
The easiest way to change your password is through the Georgetown NetID Password Management System. Please be advised that you must setup answers to the personal questions asked on that webpage before you can reset your password.
You can also call the UIS (Main Campus) Help Desk at 202-687-4949. One of the technicians there will be able to walk you through the password change process over the phone. The UIS Help Desk is open 24/7.
Please note, your new NetID password must meet certain requirements. It must:
- Be a Minimum 8 characters in length
- Be a Maximum 32 characters in length
- Contain at least 1 uppercase or lowercase alphabetic character
- Contain at least 1 number
- Contain at least 1 punctuation or symbol character
- Not be derived from a dictionary word or simple pattern such as abcdefgh
- Not be a repetitive pattern such as 777 or ccc
Please remember that once you change your password, you will need to reconfigure your mobile devices email applications as well as authenticated WiFi access. In addition, you will need to restart your Law Center computer and login with your new password to resume full functionality.
- Instructions for configuring Entourage, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo Mail and/or hand held devices to send and receive LawMail can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/LawMailInformation.cfm;
- Instructions for attaching to gulaw-secure can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/GULAW-SECURE.cfm; and
- All web based applications will need to be accessed with your new password going forward — you will need to exit and relaunch your browser in most cases.