Passwords and Security
Changing Your Georgetown University Password
There are two options for changing your Georgetown University password: using the Georgetown NetID Password Management System or completing a form and sending it to the Technology Service Desk.
- If your NetID password still functions, please browse to the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage, located at https://password.georgetown.edu.
- Please take the time to setup answers to the personal questions asked on the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage, so that you can change your password in the future without completing the below-referenced form;
- You must setup answers to the personal questions and change your password before you can access any of the Law Center’s web applications.
- If you cannot remember your NetID password, you must complete the NetID Password Change form located HERE.
- You will need to scan or take a picture of the completed form and email the file(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Please note that the completed form must have the current date and your actual your signature on it; and
- Once we receive the completed form, we will reset your password to a temporary default and provide you with information on how to change it to something of your choice.
- Please remember that once you change your password, you will need to reconfigure your mobile devices and your connection to gulaw-secure. In addition, you will need to restart your Law Center computer and login with your new password to resume full functionality.
- Instructions for configuring Entourage, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo Mail and/or hand held devices to send and receive LawMail can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/LawMailInformation.cfm;
- Instructions for attaching to gulaw-secure can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/GULAW-SECURE.cfm; and
- All web based applications will need to be accessed with your new password going forward — you will need to exit and relaunch your browser in most cases.