Passwords and Security
Changing Your Georgetown University Password
All members of the Georgetown University community must change their passwords twice a year.
The easiest way to change your password is through the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage, located at https://password.georgetown.edu. Please be advised that you must setup answers to the personal questions asked on that webpage before you can reset your password. (Alumni wishing to reset a password should visit this page.)
You can also call the Technology Service Desk at 202-662-9284. A technician will walk you through the steps to create a randomly generated password, which you will then need to change at https://password.georgetown.edu.
If you do not have a social security number, then you must complete the NetID Password Change form located HERE.
- You will need to scan or take a picture of the completed form and email the file(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Please note that the completed form must have the current date and your actual your signature on it; and
- Once we receive the completed form, we will reset your password to a temporary default and provide you with information on how to change it to something of your choice.
Please remember that once you change your password, you will need to reconfigure your mobile devices and your connection to gulaw-secure. In addition, you will need to restart your Law Center computer and login with your new password to resume full functionality.
- Instructions for configuring Entourage, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo Mail and/or hand held devices to send and receive LawMail can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/LawMailInformation.cfm;
- Instructions for attaching to gulaw-secure can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/GULAW-SECURE.cfm; and
- All web based applications will need to be accessed with your new password going forward — you will need to exit and relaunch your browser in most cases.