Accessing and Using the Law Center's Network
HOW THE LAW CENTER'S NETWORK IS ORGANIZED
The table below lists the Law Center's network drive letters and provides a description of each.
ACCESSING THE LAW CENTER'S NETWORK DRIVES
- Double-clicking on the My Computer icon, located on your desktop.
- A window will open, listing all of the Law Center network drives that can be accessed from your computer.
BACKING UP FILES TO THE G:\DRIVE
- Double-click on the My Computer icon, located on your desktop.
- Browse to the folder that contains the files that you want to back-up.
- Click once on the folder to select it. (Do not open the folder.)
- Press the Ctrl and C keys at the same time (located on your keyboard) to copy the folder.
- Open your G:\Drive (its name will begin with your NetID).
- Press the Ctrl and V keys at the same time (on your keyboard) to paste the folder.
- The folder that you selected and all of the files within it will be copied to the G:\Drive.
Note: If your folder contains a lot of documents, the pasting might take a while.
All network drives are backed up nightly. If you are missing an important document and need it restored, please contact the Technology Service Desk at email@example.com.