The Law Center’s Pharos printers can now receive print jobs via email. Your Law Center email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) has already been configured to use this service. If you want to use a different email address, you must register it with the MobilePrint system. You must have a GoCard to use this service.
Registering a Non Law Center Email Address
- Log into the MobilePrint website: http://mobileprint.law.georgetown.edu.
- When prompted to login, enter your NetID and Law Center password.
- If you are using a computer-based browser, click on your NetID to add your email address.
- If you are using a mobile device-based browser, click on the Registered Emails button to add your email address.
- After entering your email address, you should receive a confirmation email asking you to confirm your address.
- Click on the link in the email to complete the registration process
Sending a Print Job via Email
- Make sure your email address is registered at the MobilePrint website.
- Open a new email and attach the file that you want to print. Please note that the size of the attachment is limited to 10 MB.
- Send your email to email@example.com.
- Once the job is ready to print, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Go to any Pharos Print Station. (Your job will stay in the print queue for one hour.)
- Swipe your GoCard through the attached card reader.
- Select your job from the print queue that appears and click on the Print button.
- Your document will print and the screen will revert to the Pharos Printing System desktop within five (5) seconds. (Printing costs 6¢ per page, deducted from your GoCard.)
- If you leave the Pharos Print Station before the screen reverts, click on the Log Off button to ensure that you are not charged for someone else's print job.
Note: Once you go to the Pharos Print Station, you have approximately 5 seconds to select your job from the queue and print it before the screen reverts to the Pharos Printing System desktop. If the screen does revert, simply swipe your GoCard and start over. No amount will be deducted from your GoCard until you click on the OK button of the Protected Job Password dialog.
Supported File Formats
- Microsoft Office documents: Word, Excel and PowerPoint (.doc,.dot,.docx,.rtf,.eml,.xls,.xlt,.xlsx,.csv,.ppt,.pptx,.pptm)
- Image files (.jpg,.png,.gif,.bmp)
- Text file (.txt)
- PDF documents (.pdf)
Note: MobilePrint only prints email attachments, not the emails themselves.
Pharos Print Station Locations
- A list of Pharos Print Station locations can be found HERE.