Printing Using the Pharos Software
Printing from a Public Computer
The public computers located in the E.B. Williams Law Library and the John Wolff Reading Room have access to laser printers. Printing costs 6¢ per page. The law school also has color printers that are located in the corridor between Career Strategy and Financial Aid for 20c a side. Print jobs deducted from your Georgetown University GOCARD or Debit Card.
- Select the Print command in the program you're using. Allow the program to run through its normal printing procedure. When prompted, enter your NetID. This is extremely important since only jobs matching your NetID display on release stations.
- Swipe your GOCard in the card reader located at the Pharos Print Station. This will allow you to choose the job you want to print. Click or tap on your print job, then click the Print button.
- Your job will then print, charging your account. The total job cost will display when selected, so check to make sure the charges are correct before printing. If there are insufficient funds to print the job, the Pharos station will not allow the job to print. If this is the case, go to the nearest GOCard Value Transfer Station and add money to your Debit Dollars account (you can also go to gocard.georgetown.edu to add money to your account). Your print job will remain in the print queue for approximately 2 hours, after which it will be deleted and you will have to send the job again.
- Click on the Logout button at the Pharos Print Station.
Printing from your Laptop Computer
- Make sure you've installed the Pharos Installer for your computer's operating system.
- Make sure you're connected to either GULAW-Secure, GULAW-Events, or Saxanet.
- Choose either the GU-Monochrome, or GU Color printer when printing your document.
- Click Print.
- When prompted, enter your NetID. (Note: If you don't see the prompt for your NetID, make sure you're connected to one of the Wi-fi networks listed above.)
- Proceed to the Pharos Print Station to release your print job.
If you encounter a problem while printing from a Xerox Station, please contact UIS at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-687-4949.