Creating A Courseware Site
- Log into Courseware.
- Make sure you are on the Web Courseware System (Release V) web page.
- Click on the Create a New Site link.
- A New Site Settings page will appear.
- Type the course name in the Title field.
- Type your name in the Subtitle field.
- Click on the downward pointing arrow to the right of the Term field and select the appropriate semester and year.
- Enter the year, semester and course ID (without any dashes) in the CourseID field. (Semesters are represented by A for spring, B for summer, and C for fall.) For example, if your course ID were LAWJ-165-03 and you were teaching in the fall of 2012, you would type 2012C16503 in the CourseID field.)
- Type your site's access password in the Password field (You will need to provide this password to your students.)
- Choose to make your site visible or hidden in the Status section.
- Decide when your site will be available in the Dates section.
- Determine whether the Help tab will be available to users in the Help section.
- Decide whether users can use email from within Courseware in the Email section.
- If you have created a web page, type its URL in the Forwarding field.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Your new site will appear.
Note: The Forwarding field is for those faculty members who have already created websites elsewhere that they want to use. If you enter a URL in this field, every time a student clicks on your Courseware site link, he or she will automatically be forwarded to that website.
Click HERE to return to the Online Courseware Tutorial for Faculty page.