Requirements to Park
In order to park in the McDonough Hall garage, all students need to register their vehicle to receive a current 2017-2018 parking hang tag.
- Students may register their vehicle and receive their hang tag during Orientation and Registration in the Parking Office.
- New parkers may register their vehicle information at any time during the year with the vehicle year, model, make, color, license plate number and state registered in the Parking Office.
- Returning students do not need to fill-out another parking registration form. Please tell the registration staff that you registered last year and we'll update the form we have on file for you.
Parking Space Availability
- Due to the limited number of parking spaces available in the McDonough Hall garage, the parking lot is sometimes full by 8:30 a.m. Please have an alternate parking location and plenty of quarters for the parking meter in case the lot is full when you arrive. There is a change machine located near the vending machines in the Market Café dining area.
- Please stop by the Parking Office to register your motorcycle or scooter and receive a parking decal.
- Effective July 1, 2017, the semester rate for motorcycle or scooter parking is $76.00 for Faculty, Staff and Students
- Semesters will be August 1 - December 31, and January 1 - May 30
- Payment is due by GOCard in the Parking Office at the beginning of each semester
- Motorcycle decals issued by the Parking Office must be displayed on the left side of the motorcycle and be visible to the DPS office at the parking booth
- Any vehicle with two or three wheels and a motor is considered a motorcycle under this policy
- Motorcycles are only allowed to park in the motorcycle section on P2 of the McDonough garage
- The motorcycle parking rate is in addition to any faculty and staff monthly payroll deduction parking.
- Overnight motorcycle parking is not permitted
Important Things to Remember
- Parking hang tags are non-transferable and need to be renewed each academic year.
- Overnight parking is not permitted without prior authorization from the Parking Office; failure to adhere to this policy will result in a parking citation.
- Georgetown University is not responsible for fire, theft, or damage to automobiles while parked in any Georgetown University owned parking facility. Parking in the McDonough Hall garage is at your own risk.