Government Recruitment Programs
The Georgetown Law Government Recruitment Programs provide federal, state, and local government employers the opportunity to recruit Georgetown Law students for paid summer internships and entry-level opportunities. The Government Recruitment Programs consist of the Government Interview Programs (GIP), our on-campus interview programs, and our Government Resume Collect Program. The dates for our Fall 2013 recruitment programs are listed below.
Government Interview Program (GIP)
GIP is limited to government employers interviewing for paid summer and/or entry-level positions. We encourage employers to participate if they anticipate making offers during the fall semester. If you anticipate a longer timetable or you are interested in recruiting for volunteer summer or academic year positions, please contact Ruby Sheikh, Manager of Public Sector Recruitment, by e-mail or at (202) 662-9314.
The Fall 2013 Government Interview Programs will be held on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 and Monday, September 30, 2013.
If you are unable to interview on these dates, please contact Ruby Sheikh to make alternative arrangements.
- GIP is administered electronically via Symplicity, an online recruitment management system through which participating employers may register, receive student resumes and cover letters, and select candidates to interview.
- The program is pre-screened: employers receive resumes and cover letters, and then select whom they wish to interview.
- The interviews are conducted ballroom style.
Government Resume Collect Program Overview:
If you are interested in recruiting our students for summer employment opportunities and cannot come to our on-campus interview programs, we invite you to participate in our Government Resume Collect Program. The Government Resume Collect Program is open to all employers offering paid or unpaid summer jobs. Please note, Georgetown Law students have guaranteed summer funding for unpaid public sector internships.
How to Register for our fall recruitment programs:
- Login to Symplicity using your username and password. If you do not have a Georgetown Law Symplicity account, you must create one in order to proceed.
- Once you have logged in:
- complete the "Profile tab";
- click on "OCI";
- select "Fall 2013 Government Interview Program - Session I" (Sept. 17) or "Fall 2013 Government Interview Program - Session II" (Sept. 30) or "Government Resume Collect Program" from the drop-down menu; and
- complete a schedule request.