International Rights Advocates seeks a spring 2014 law clerk.
• Research legal issues particular to multinational corporate accountability litigation, including the Alien Tort Statute (ATS), the Torture Victims Protection Act (TVPA), and state law claims.
• Draft legal memoranda concerning relevant issues in pending cases.
• Conduct factual research to assist in filing complaints against multinational corporations and further case development.
• Assist in preparations for conducting and defending depositions.
• Other tasks as necessary to further IRAdvocates’ mission and goal in holding multinational corporations accountable for international human rights abuses.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
• ONLY J.D. candidates may apply for this position (2L and above).
• Strong interest in using the law as a vehicle for social change.
• Experience or course work relating to the research of jurisdictional, tort, corporate and international law issues
• Some study or experience with human rights law.
• Strong writing and analytical skills.
Salary and Benefits: This is an unpaid position. However, IRAdvocates can facilitate externship credit if this is available through the intern’s law school.
Click the link above for application instructions.