Georgetown Law Open on Time
The Law Center will open on time, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, but liberal leave is in effect.
All designated emergency employees must report to work on time. All other employees may take unscheduled leave, but should contact their supervisor to discuss the needs of their unit and individual circumstances. Classes will begin at their normal time, unless otherwise noted on the class cancellation line: 202-662-9446 or the class cancellation page. Any changes to this announcement will be communicated through the same channels by 5:00 am on Tuesday morning.
Pro Bono and community service hours are reported and tracked online through Symplicity. To report hours, you must register for the Pro Bono Pledge on Symplicity, if you haven't already done so:
- Log onto Symplicity and go to your profile page. Click on "Switch to Tab View."
- Once in Tab View, click on the "Pro Bono" tab, and then "Registration."
- Fill out the registration form. Be sure to select your interests, list your language skills and briefly describe your relevant background. This will help the Pro Bono Coordinator let you know about volunteer opportunities that might interest you or for which you have relevant language or other skills.
- Click "I Agree" to sign up for the Pro Bono Pledge.
- You will see another tab next to "Pro Bono Registration" labeled "Pro Bono Reporting." Click on this tab to log your hours on an ongoing basis.
- For law-related pro bono, you will need to list the name of the organization, number of hours completed, and the name and contact information for a supervising attorney.
- For community service hours, your only need to list the organization and number of hours completed.
If you have trouble with the Pro Bono features in Symplicity, please consult the Symplicity FAQ.