Robert J. Crnkovich
Principal, National Tax, Ernst & Young LLP, Adjunct Professor of Law
B.S., J.D., Marquette; LL.M. (Taxation), Georgetown
Professor Crnkovich is a member of Ernst &Young LLP's National Tax Partnership Transactional Planning and Economics Group, where he advises on the taxation of partnerships,...Continue Reading
Professor Crnkovich is a member of Ernst &Young LLP's National Tax Partnership Transactional Planning and Economics Group, where he advises on the taxation of partnerships, private equity, hedge funds, and real estate.He returned to the firm after serving as Senior Counsel in the U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Tax Policy (Office of Tax Legislative Counsel) in Washington, D.C., where he focused on partnership matters.
A frequent lecturer, Professor Crnkovich has spoken at a number of conferences, including those sponsored by New York University, the University of Chicago Law School, the University of Virginia, the University of Southern California, the University of Alabama, the Practising Law Institute, the Tax Executives Institute, the American Bar Association, the Southern Federal Tax Institute, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.He has also written extensively in the partnership area, including co-authoring two Tax Management Portfolios on Limited Liability Companies and Non-compensatory Partnership Options (to-be-released) and the following articles.
- The Non-Tax Implications of the Taxation of Partnership Options
- When Might an OP in an UPREIT Be A PTP, and Why Should You Care?, 144 TN 855
- Castle Harbour Strikes Again, 125 TN 591
- CFC Stock Held by Foreign Partnerships - Confusion Galore, 124 TN 709
- Son-of-Boss Revisited, 123 TN 1481
- Partnership Conversions - Making Something Out of Nothing, 123 TN 275
- Partnership Deferred Compensation and Carried Interests, 123 TN 351
- New COD/AHYDO Legislation: Needed Relief Adds Complexity, 123 TN 197