The Top 10 Corporate and Securities Articles of
The Corporate Practice Commentator is pleased to announce the results
of its annual poll on the 10 best corporate and securities articles. (Because
of ties there are 12 on this year’s list.) Teachers in corporate and
securities laws were asked to select the best corporate and best securities
articles from a list of all articles published during 1998. Because
of the vagaries of publication and mailing some articles published in 1998
contain a 1997 date and not all articles containing a 1998 date were published
in time to be included in this list.
The articles, listed in author alphabetical order, are:
- Carney, William J., The Production of Corporate Law, 71 S.
Cal. L. Rev. 715-780 (1998).
The "Best Articles" were chosen from more than 350 corporate and securities
articles published during the year. Thirty law professors participated
in this year’s selection.
- Choi, Stephen, Market Lessons for Gatekeepers, 92 Nw. U. L.
Rev. 916-966 (1998).
- Coffee, John C., Jr., Brave New World?: The
Impact(s) of the Internet on Modern Securities Regulation. 52 Bus. Law.
- Langevoort, Donald C., Organized Illusions:
A Behavioral Theory of Why Corporations Mislead Stock Market Investors (and
Cause Other Social Harms). 146 U. Pa. L. Rev. 101-172 (1997).
- Langevoort, Donald C., The Epistemology of Corporate-Securities
Lawyering: Beliefs, Biases and Organizational Behavior. 63 Brook.
L. Rev. 629-676 (1997).
- Mann, Ronald J. The Role of Secured Credit in Small-Business
Lending. 86 Geo. L.J. 1-44 (1997).
- Milhaupt, Curtis J., Property Rights in Firms.
84 Va. L. Rev. 1145-1194 (1998).
- Rock, Edward B., Saints and Sinners: How
Does Delaware Corporate Law Work? 44 UCLA L. Rev. 1009-1107 (1997).
- Romano, Roberta, Empowering Investors: A
Market Approach to Securities Regulation. 107 Yale L.J. 2359-2430 (1998).
- Schwab, Stewart J. and Randall S. Thomas, Realigning
Corporate Governance: Shareholder Activism by Labor Unions. 96
Mich. L. Rev. 1018-1094 (1998).
- Skeel, David A., Jr., An Evolutionary Theory of
Corporate Law and Corporate Bankruptcy. 51 Vand. L. Rev. 1325-1398 (1998).
- Thomas, Randall S. and Martin, Kenneth J., Should
Labor Be Allowed to Make Shareholder Proposals? 73 Wash. L. Rev. 41-80
Best Articles 2002
Best Articles 2001
Best Articles 2000
Best Articles 1999
Best Articles 1997
Best Articles 1996
Best Articles 1995
Best Articles 1994
Last updated: 5/25/03