Williams Room 208C
Carla Wale is a Reference Librarian at Georgetown Law Library. Prior to joining Georgetown, she was the Research and Electronic Technologies Librarian at Northern Illinois University College of Law where she taught Basic Legal Research I and II in the first year curriculum. She holds an M.L.I.S. with a certificate in Law Librarianship from the University of Washington, a J.D. from Loyola New Orleans School of Law with certificates in International Legal Studies and Civil Law and Common Law, and a B.A. in Political Science from Washington State University. She is an active member of the American Association of Law Libraries and the Law Librarians' Society of Washington, D.C.
Publication List (2000–Present)
Forthcoming Works and Works in Progress
- Carla P. Wale, Heather E. Casey & Christine Ciambella, Legal Research in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia (William S. Hein & Co. 3d ed. forthcoming).
- Bobby M. Harges, Wendy K. Shea & Dane S. Ciolino, Louisiana Criminal Law: Cases and Materials (Carla P. Wale, Matthew Berger, Jonathan Bourg, Everett Fineran, Adam Haney, Ken Levy & Anne Tullier eds., Esquire Books 2013).
Contributions to Law Reviews and Other Scholarly Journals
- Carla P. Wale, Cloudy with a Chance of Open Source: Open Source Integrated Library Systems and Cloud Computing in Academic Law Libraries, 30 Legal Reference Services Q. 310-331 (2011).
Selected Contributions to Other Publications
- Carla P. Wale, Deborah Shrager & Andrew Winston, Learning to Lead: The 2014 AALL Leadership Academy, Law Libr. Lights, Fall 2014, at 1-5. [WWW]
- Carla P. Wale & Ellen Richardson, Cloudy with a Chance of Collaboration: How Cloud Services Can Enhance Collaboration Among Librarians, AALL Spectrum, April 2013, at 10-12. [HEIN] [WWW]
- Carla P. Wale & Benjamin Carlson, Cool Tools Round-Up — Boston, CALL Bull., Fall 2012, at 20, 24 (reprinted in Cool Tools Roundup, HALL Newsl., Sept.-Oct. 2012, at 17-18). [WWW]
- Carla P. Wale & Benjamin Carlson, Cool Tools Roundup, HALL Newsl., Sept.-Oct. 2012, at 17-18 (reprinting Cool Tools Round-Up — Boston, CALL Bull., Fall 2012, at 20, 24). [WWW]