Georgetown Law Closed: Wednesday, March 21
The Law Center is closed today, Wednesday, March 21, 2018, due to inclement weather. All activities and services, including scheduled events (student organization meetings and events, CLE, and conferences), are canceled. On-site classes will not be held in person and will be held according to the faculty member’s instructional continuity plan. All administrative offices are closed. The food services operation, fitness center and Early Learning Center are closed. The library is closed. It is expected that only designated emergency employees will come to the Law Center to fulfill their responsibilities. All others -- including students, staff, faculty, and visitors -- are expected not come to the Law Center, which will not be staffed to support anything other than essential life safety and snow/ice clearing functions.
Special Projects Librarian
Williams Room 322B
Margaret Krause is a Reference Librarian who first joined the Georgetown Law Library in 1991. After taking some time off to raise her two sons, she has returned to the library on a part-time basis. Prior to working at Georgetown, she was the Manager of Information Services for the Price Waterhouse Law Firm Services Group where she consulted law firm clients on their library services and resources.
Margaret received her Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree from the College of William and Mary and her Master of Library Science (M.L.S.) degree from the University of Maryland. When not working, she loves to travel, bike and master the Sunday crossword puzzle.
Publication List (2000–Present)
- Margaret Krause & Sara Sampson, State Documents Bibliography: Virginia (Chicago: American Association of Law Libraries rev. 2d ed. 2010). [BOOK]
Contributions to Law Reviews and Other Scholarly Journals
- Margaret Krause, 87 Libr. Q. 183-184 (2017) (reviewing Ronald C. Jantz, Managing Creativity: The Innovative Research Library (2016)).
- Margaret Krause, 86 Libr. Q. 230-231 (2016) (reviewing Reinventing Reference: How Libraries Deliver Value in the Age of Google (Katie Elson Anderson & Vibiana Bowman Cvetkovic eds., Chicago: ALA Editions 2015)).
Selected Contributions to Other Publications
- Margaret Krause, Georgetown Law Research Guides — A LibGuides Conversion Story, Law Libr. Lights, Winter 2016, at 11-13. [HEIN]
- Margaret Krause, How Library Discovery Platforms Have Changed Teaching Interdisciplinary Research, Law Libr. Lights, Fall 2016, at 1-3. [WWW]
- Margaret Krause, Date Discrepancies in Citing to Supreme Court Decisions, Legal Research Database Comparison: Fairfax Devisee vs. Hunter's Lessee on Its 200th Anniversary, Law Libr. Lights, Fall 2013, at 15-16. [HEIN] [WWW]
- Margaret Krause, Using Competitive Intelligence to Your Economic Advantage, Law Libr. Lights, Fall 2009, at 1, 3-4. [HEIN] [WWW]
- Margaret Krause, Keeping a Foot in the Door, Law Libr. Lights, Summer 2008, at 16-17. [HEIN] [WWW]