Thanks to CALI and the Legal Information Institute, you can now get free eBook versions of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Criminal Procedure and Evidence. These rules books are released as part of CALI's eLangdell project, which is an innovative project seeking to change the way law school casebooks are published. Texts are published in conjunction with Cornell's Legal Information Institute.
These books are available as ePub documents, which can be easily read on an iPad, iPhone, Nook, or any device that reads the ePub format. See below for a view of all three texts on an iBooks shelf, as well as the table of contents view of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure on an iPad.
All three Federal Rules books include:
- Complete rules as of December 1, 2010.
- All notes of the Advisory Committee immediately following each rule.
- Table of Contents for easy navigation.
- Internal links cross-referenced rules.
- External links to the LII website's version of the US Code.
While these books are free to download, they were not free to produce. If you like them, consider making a donation to the Legal Information Institute to show your support.