Bloomberg Law is a legal database that provides access to statutes, cases, regulations, a case citator, and secondary source materials. Particular strengths of and unique materials available on Bloomberg Law include:
- BNA treatises, practice manuals, and portfolios;
- Practice Areas organizing common primary and secondary materials for several specialized fields including bankruptcy, finance, and securities law;
- Corporate and financial news and information, including EDGAR access and Bloomberg financial analyses;
- Exclusive access to PLI treatises;
- Transactional law-specific resources, such as example documents for M&A and contracts; and
- News searching with well-designed and indexed metadata, which minimizes the need to for complicated "terms and connectors" searching.
In addition, Bloomberg Law provides Georgetown Law students and faculty free access to real-time-updated federal PACER dockets and to many state and some foreign dockets. All court documents available through these dockets (such as pleadings, motions, briefs, and orders) can be downloaded through Bloomberg Law.
Students and faculty interested in requesting an account on Bloomberg Law may obtain one by following the instructions available in the Library's catalog.