Faculty Scholarship Database
Eleanor Norton View complete profile
Eleanor Holmes Norton
Note: This bibliography changes the order of authors so that Georgetown authors are listed first.
- Eleanor Holmes Norton & Joan Steinau Lester, Eleanor Holmes Norton: Fire in My Soul (New York: Atria Books trade pbk. ed. 2003). [BOOK]
Contributions to Law Reviews and Other Scholarly Journals
- Eleanor Holmes Norton, Keynote Address, Edited Proceedings from the Symposium on District of Columbia Democracy and the Third Branch of Government, 11 UDC/DCSL L. Rev. 55-59 (2008). [HEIN] [W]
- Eleanor Holmes Norton, Women Are the Natural Leaders, 7 Geo. J. on Poverty L. & Pol'y 225-230 (2000). [HEIN] [W]
Book Chapters and Collected Works
- Eleanor Holmes Norton, Introduction to Alfred W. Blumrosen & Ruth G. Blumrosen, in Slave Nation: How Slavery United the Colonies & Sparked the American Revolution xi-xv (Alfred W. Blumrosen & Ruth G. Blumrosen eds., Naperville, Ill.: Sourcebooks 2005).
- Eleanor Holmes Norton, Bargaining and the Ethics of Process, in What’s Fair: Ethics for Negotiators 270-298 (Carrie Menkel-Meadow & Michael Wheeler eds., San Francisco: Jossey-Bass 2004). [BOOK]
- Eleanor Holmes Norton, Commentary on Prejudice Through Generations, in Toward Humanity and Justice: The Writings of Kenneth B. Clark, Scholar of the 1954 Brown v. Board of Education Decision 3-12 (Woody Klein ed., Westport, Conn.: Praeger 2004). [BOOK]
- Eleanor Holmes Norton, Elected to Lead: A Challenge to Women in Public Office, in The Difference "Difference" Makes: Women and Leadership 109-120 (Deborah L. Rhode ed., Stanford, Cal.: Stanford Law & Politics 2003). [BOOK]
- Eleanor Holmes Norton, Notes of a Feminist Long Distance Runner, in Sisterhood Is Forever: The Women’s Anthology for a New Millennium 145-151 (Robin Morgan ed., New York: Washington Square Press 2003).
- Eleanor Holmes Norton, Restoring the Traditional Black Family, in Welfare: A Documentary History of U.S. Policy and Politics 475-481 (Gwendolyn Mink & Rickie Solinger eds., New York: New York University Press 2003). [BOOK]
- Equality for the District of Columbia: Discussing the Implications of S. 132, the New Columbia Admission Act of 2013: Hearing Before the S. Comm. on Homeland Sec. & Governmental Affairs, 113th Cong., Sept. 15, 2014 (Statement of Eleanor Holmes Norton) (CIS-No.: 2015-S481-26).
- Shutdown: Examining Federal Government Closure Impacts on the District of Columbia: Hearing Before the Subcomm. on Emergency Mgmt., Intergovernmental Rel. & the District of Columbia of the S. Comm. on Homeland Sec. & Governmental Aff., 113th Cong., Jan. 30, 2014 (Statement of Eleanor Holmes Norton) (CIS-No.: 2015-S481-13). [WWW]
- Civil Rights Act of 1990: Hearing on S. 2104 Before the S. Comm. on Labor & Human Res., 101st Cong., Feb. 27, 1990 (Statement of Eleanor Holmes Norton) (CIS-No.: 90-S541-32).
- Family and Medical Leave Act of 1987: Hearing on H.R. 925 Before the H. Subcomm. on Civil Serv. & the H. Subcomm. on Compensation & Emp. Benefits, 100th Cong., Apr. 2, 1987 (Statement of Eleanor Holmes Norton) (CIS-No.: 87-H621-27).