Faculty Scholarship Database
Warren F. Schwartz
Note: This bibliography changes the order of authors so that Georgetown authors are listed first.
Forthcoming Works and Works in Progress
- Warren F. Schwartz & Edward Schwartz, Simple Majority Rule For Criminal Jury Trials: The Verdict is Now In, Legal Theory (forthcoming).
- Warren F. Schwartz, Justice in Immigration (Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge University Press pbk. ed. 2007). [BOOK]
Contributions to Law Reviews and Other Scholarly Journals
- Warren F. Schwartz & Abraham L. Wickelgren, Advantage Defendant: Why Sinking Litigation Costs Makes Negative-Expected-Value Defenses but Not Negative-Expected-Value Suits Credible, 38 J. Legal Stud. 235-253 (2009). [W]
- Warren F. Schwartz & Abraham L. Wickelgren, Credible Discovery, Settlement, and Negative Expected Value Suits, 40 RAND J. Econ. 636-657 (2009). [W]
- Warren F. Schwartz & Richard R.W. Brooks, Legal Uncertainty, Economic Efficiency, and the Preliminary Injunction Doctrine, 58 Stan. L. Rev. 381-409 (2005). [HEIN] [W]
- Warren F. Schwartz, The Positive and Normative Puzzle of Decision Rules For Juries: The Example of Decision Rules For Civil Litigation in State Courts, 34 Hofstra L. Rev. 345-349 (2005). [HEIN] [W]
- Warren F. Schwartz, Can Suits With Negative Expected Value Really Be Profitable?, 9 Legal Theory 83-97 (2003).
- Warren F. Schwartz, Introduction to the Symposium, 36 Ind. L. Rev. 229-235 (2003). [HEIN] [W]
- Warren F. Schwartz & Edward P. Schwartz, And So Say Some of Us: What to Do When Jurors Disagree, 9 S. Cal. Interdisc. L.J. 429-463 (2000). [HEIN] [W]
- Warren F. Schwartz & Alan O. Sykes, The Economic Structure of Renegotiation and Dispute Resolution in the World Trade Organization, 31 J. Legal Stud. S179-S204 (2002). [HEIN] [W]
- Warren F. Schwartz, Long Shot Class Actions: Toward a Normative Theory of Legal Uncertainty, 8 Legal Theory 297-311 (2002).
Book Chapters and Collected Works
- Warren F. Schwartz & Alan O. Sykes, The Economic Structure of Renegotiation and Dispute Resolution in the World Trade Organization, in The WTO and International Trade Law/Dispute Settlement 52-77 (Petros C. Mavroidis & Alan O. Sykes eds., Northampton, Mass.: Edward Elgar 2005). [BOOK]
- Warren F. Schwartz, Lloyd Granet & Charles A. Goetz, The Meaning of "Subsidy" and "Injury" in the Countervailing Duty Law, in International Trade Law 189-204 (Ronald A. Cass & Michael S. Knoll eds., Aldershot/Burlington, Vt.: Ashgate/Dartmouth 2003). [BOOK]
- Corporate Rights and Responsibilities: Hearing Before the S. Comm. on Commerce, Sci. & Transp., 94th Cong., June 22, 1976 (Statement of Warren F. Schwartz) (CIS-No.: 77-S261-1).