Faculty Scholarship Database
Note: This bibliography changes the order of authors so that Georgetown authors are listed first.
Forthcoming Works and Works in Progress
- Don Wallace, Jr., Christopher F. Dugan, Noah D. Rubins & Borzu Sabahi, Investor-State Arbitration (Oxford University Press forthcoming).
- Introduction to Turkish Law (Don Wallace, Jr. & Tugrul Ansay eds., Alphen aan den Rijn, Neth.: Kluwer Law International 6th ed. 2011). [BOOK]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Christopher Dugan, Noah Rubins & Borzu Sabahi, Investor-State Arbitration (Oxford: Oxford University Press 2008). [BOOK]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Christopher Dugan & Noah Rubins, Investor-State Arbitration: The Pratice of Investment-Related Dispute Resolution Under International Treaties (New York: Oceana 2006). [BOOK]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Investor-State Arbitration (New York: Oceana 2005).
- Introduction to Turkish Law (Don Wallace, Jr. & Tugrul Ansay eds., The Hague: Kluwer Law International 5th ed. 2005). [BOOK]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Paul B. Stephan & Julie A. Roin, International Business and Economics: Law and Policy (Newark, N.J.: LexisNexis 3d ed. 2004). [BOOK]
- Introduction to Turkish Law (Don Wallace, Jr. & Tugrul Ansay eds., The Hague: Kluwer Law International 4th ed. 2003).
- Don Wallace, Jr., Sue Arrowsmith & John Linarelli, Regulating Public Procurement: National and International Perspectives (The Hague: Kluwer Law International 2000). [BOOK]
Contributions to Law Reviews and Other Scholarly Journals
- Don Wallace, Jr., Don Wallace's Very Brief "Friendly Disagreement" with Tony Perez's Piece, 12 Geo. J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 873-874 (2014). [HEIN]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Christopher Yukins & Jeffrey Marburg-Goodman, International Procurement, 43 Int'l Law. 571-575 (2009). [W]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Christopher Yukins, Jason Matechak & Jeffrey Marburg-Goodman, International Procurement, 40 Int'l Law. 337-349 (2006). [HEIN] [W] [SSRN]
- Don Wallace, Jr., UNCITRAL: Reform of the Model Procurement Law, 35 Pub. Cont. L.J. 485-493 (2006). [HEIN] [W]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Introductory Note to Certified Award to Claimant Maria Victoria Altmann, (Claims Resolution Tribunal, In Re Holocaust Victim Assets Litigation, Case No. CV96-4849), 44 Int'l Legal Materials 1304-1306 (2005). [HEIN] [W]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Complex Legal Systems: Developing Nations and Modern Law, The Politic (Yale), Nov. 1, 2003. [WWW]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Host Country Legislation: A Necessary Condition?, 24 Fordham Int'l L.J. 1396-1401 (2001). [HEIN] [W]
- Don Wallace, Jr., In Memoriam: Joseph Parker Griffin, 31 Law & Pol'y Int'l Bus. 219-220 (2000). [HEIN]
- Don Wallace, Jr., State Responsibility for Denial of Substantive and Procedural Justice Under NAFTA Chapter Eleven, 23 Hastings Int'l & Comp. L. Rev. 393-408 (2000). [HEIN] [W]
- Don Wallace, Jr., UNCITRAL Draft Legislative Guide on Privately Financed Infrastructure: Achievement and Prospects, 8 Tul. J. Int'l & Comp. L. 283-297 (2000). [HEIN] [W]
Book Chapters and Collected Works
- Don Wallace, Jr., International Harmonization of Commercial Law, in Festschrift für Norbert Horn zum 70. Geburtstag am 18. August 2006 (Klaus P. Berger ed., Berlin, F.R.G.: De Gruyter Rechtswissenschaften 2006).
- Don Wallace, Jr., Ironies of Foreign Direct Investment Protection: The Privatization of Dispute Settlement and Public Protest, in Festschrift Liber Amicorum Tugrul Ansay zum 75. Geburtstag/In Honour of His 75th Birthday (Sabih Arkan & Aynur Yongalik eds., Alphen aan den Rijn, Neth.: Kluwer Law International 2006). [BOOK]
- Don Wallace, Jr., The Nostalgic Citizen, the Omnipresent State, and the Difficult Emergence of Capitalism in the Provision of Public Services, in Liber Memorialis Petar Sarcevic: Universalism, Tradition, and the Individual 531-541 (J. Erauw, V. Tomljenovi & P. Volken eds., München, F.R.G.: Sellier. European Law Publishers 2006). [BOOK]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Fair and Equitable Treatment and Denial of Justice: From Chattin v. Mexico and Loewen v. USA, in International Investment Law and Arbitration: Leading Cases From the ICSID, NAFTA, Bilateral Treaties, and Customary International Law 669-700 (Todd Weiler ed., London: Cameron May 2005). [BOOK]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Private Capital and Infrastructure: Tragic? Useful and Pleasant? Inevitable?, in Privatising Development: Transnational Law, Infrastructure and Human Rights 131-146 (Michael B. Likosky ed., Leiden, Neth.: Martin Nijhoff Publishers 2005). [BOOK]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Case Study Under NAFTA: Lessons for the Wise?, in Arbitrating Foreign Investment Disputes: Procedural and Substantive Legal Aspects 237-264 (Norbert Horn ed., The Hague: Kluwer Law International 2004). [BOOK]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Foreword, in Transnational Business Law: A Development Law Perspective xiii (Rumu Sarkar ed., The Hague: Kluwer Law International 2003). [BOOK]
- Don Wallace, Jr., World Trading System, the WTO and Dispute Settlement, and Arab and Islamic Countries, in Strengthening Relations with Arab and Islamic Countries Through International Law: E-Commerce, the WTO Dispute Settlement Mechanism, and Foreign Investment 251-259 (International Bureau of the Permanent Court of Arbritration ed., The Hague: Kluwer Law International 2002). [BOOK]
- Don Wallace, Jr., Creating Law in Changing Societies: The Case of Law for Privately Financed Infrastructure Projects, in Liber Amicorum Ibrahim F.I. Shihata: International Finance and Development Law 827-838 (Ibrahim F.I. Shishata, Sabine Schlemmer-Schulte & Keyong Dong eds., The Hague: Kluwer Law International 2001). [BOOK]
U.S. Supreme Court Briefs
- Brief for William E. Brock and John McCain; Hispanic Republican Caucus; and University Law Professors Lynn A. Baker, Gordon Brewster Baldwin, Viet D. Dinh, Lino A. Graglia, Douglas W. Kmiec, Paul F. Rothstein, Roy A. Schotland, Charles A. Shanor, and Don Wallace Jr., as Amici Curiae Supporting Respondents, California Democratic Party v. Jones, No. 99-401 (U.S. Mar. 30, 2000). [W] [Gtown Law]
- U.S. Adherence to the Berne Convention: Hearing Before the S. Subcomm. on Patents, Copyrights & Trademarks of the S. Comm. on the Judiciary, 99th Cong., Apr. 15, 1986 (Statement of Don Wallace, Jr.) (CIS-No.: 87-S521-23).
- Legislation on Foreign Claims: Hearing Before the H. Subcomm. on Int'l Econ. Policy & Trade of the H. Comm. on Foreign Aff., 99th Cong., Sept. 11, 16, 1986 (Statement of Don Wallace, Jr.) (CIS-No.: 87-H381-9).
Selected Contributions to Other Publications
- Don Wallace, Jr., Christopher R. Yukins & Jason P. Matechak, UNCITRAL Model Law: Rerforming Electronic Procurement, Reverse Auctions, and Framework Contracts, Procurement Law, Winter 2005, at 12-15. [HEIN] [W] [SSRN]
- Don Wallace, Jr. & Christopher R. Yukins, UNCITRAL's Modern Procurement Law: Changes on the Horizon, 81 Fed. Cont. Rep. 323 (2004). [W]