Faculty Scholarship Database
Anne Fleming View complete profile
Note: This bibliography changes the order of authors so that Georgetown authors are listed first.
Forthcoming Works and Works in Progress
- Anne Fleming, Legal History as Economic History, in The Oxford Handbook of Historical Legal Research (Christopher Tomlins & Markus D. Dubber eds., Oxford University Press forthcoming).
- Anne Fleming, The Long History of “Truth in Lending”, 30 J. Pol'y Hist. (forthcoming 2018).
- Anne Fleming, Two Centuries of Swindles and Humbugs, Revs. Am. Hist. (forthcoming) (reviewing Edward J. Balleisen, Fraud: An American History from Barnum to Madoff (2017)).
- Anne Fleming, City of Debtors: A Century of Fringe Finance (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press 2018). [BOOK]
Contributions to Law Reviews and Other Scholarly Journals
- Anne Fleming, City of Debtors: Law, Loan Sharks, and the Shadow Economy of Urban Poverty, 1900–1970, 17 Enterprise & Soc'y 734-740 (2016).
- Anne Fleming, Response, The Long Shadow of Doctrine, 163 U. Pa. L. Rev. Online 337-344 (2015). [HEIN] [WWW]
- Anne Fleming, The Rise and Fall of Unconscionability as the "Law of the Poor", 102 Geo. L.J. 1383-1441 (2014). [HEIN] [W] [SSRN] [Gtown Law]
- Anne Fleming, The Borrower's Tale: A History of Poor Debtors in Lochner Era New York City, 30 Law & Hist. Rev. 1053-1098 (2012). [HEIN] [W] [Gtown Law]
- Anne Fleming, Protecting the Innocent: The Future of Mentally Disabled Tenants in Federally Subsidized Housing after HUD v. Rucker, 40 Harv. C.R.-C.L. L. Rev. 197-222 (2005). [HEIN] [W]
- Anne Fleming, 39 Harv. C.R.-C.L. L. Rev. 271-274 (2004) (reviewing Daniel Farber, Lincoln's Constitution (2003)). [HEIN] [W]
Book Chapters and Collected Works
- Anne Fleming, Remaking the "Law of the Poor": Williams v. Walker-Thomas Furniture Co. (1965), in The Poverty Law Canon: Exploring the Major Cases 32-50 (Marie A. Failinger & Ezra Rosser eds., Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan Press 2016). [BOOK]