Faculty Scholarship Database
Sheila Foster View complete profile
Note: This bibliography changes the order of authors so that Georgetown authors are listed first.
Forthcoming Works and Works in Progress
- Sheila R. Foster & Christian Iaione, The Co-City (MIT Press forthcoming).
- Sheila R. Foster, Bean v. Southwestern Waste Management, in Critical Race Judgments: Rewritten U.S. Court Opinions on Race and the Law (I. Bennett Capers, Devon Carbado, Robin Lenhardt & Angela Onwuachi-Willig eds., Cambridge University Press forthcoming 2018).
- Sheila R. Foster & Christian Iaione, Ostrom in the City: Design Principles and Practices for the Urban Commons, in Handbook of the Study of the Commons (Blake Hudson, Jonathan Rosenbloom & Daniel H. Cole eds., Routledge Press forthcoming).
- Sheila R. Foster, Urban Commons, Property and the Right to the City, in Property Rights from Below: Commodification of Land and the Counter-Movement (Balakrishnan Rajagopal & Olivier De Schutter eds., Routledge forthcoming).
- Sheila R. Foster, David B. Oppenheimer, Sora Y. Han & Richard T. Ford, Comparative Equality and Anti-discrimination Law (Berkeley, Cal.: Comparative Equality Press 2d ed. 2017).
- Sheila R. Foster, David B. Oppenheimer & Sora Y. Han, Comparative Equality and Anti-discrimination Law: Cases, Codes, Constitutions, and Commentary (New York: Foundation Press 2012). [BOOK]
- The Law of Environmental Justice: Theories and Procedures to Address Disproportionate Risks (Sheila R. Foster & Michael B. Gerrard eds., Chicago: American Bar Association 2d ed. 2008). [BOOK]
- Sheila R. Foster & Luke W. Cole, From the Ground Up: Environmental Racism and the Rise of the Environmental Justice Movement (New York: New York University Press 2001). [BOOK]
Contributions to Law Reviews and Other Scholarly Journals
- Sheila R. Foster, The Limits of Mobility and the Persistence of Urban Inequality, 127 Yale L.J. F. 480-497 (2017). [SSRN] [WWW]
- Sheila R. Foster & Christian Iaione, The City as a Commons, 34 Yale L. & Pol'y Rev. 281-349 (2016). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster, Breaking Up Payday: Anti-Agglomeration Zoning and Consumer Welfare, 75 Ohio St. L.J. 57-101 (2014). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster & Fernanda G. Nicola, Comparative Urban Governance for Lawyers, 42 Fordham Urb. L.J. 1-24 (2014). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster & Nestor M. Davidson, The Mobility Case for Regionalism, 47 U.C. Davis L. Rev. 63-120 (2013). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster, Collective Action and the Urban Commons, 87 Notre Dame L. Rev. 57-133 (2011). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster & Daniel Bonilla, Introduction to The Social Function of Property: A Comparative Perspective, 80 Fordham L. Rev. 1003-1015 (2011). [HEIN] [W] [WWW]
- Sheila R. Foster, Dialogue, Environmental Justice and the Constitution, 39 Envtl. L. Rep. News & Analysis 10347-10351 (2009). [W]
- Sheila R. Foster, Urban Informality as a Commons Dilemma, 40 U. Miami Inter-Am. L. Rev. 261-284 (2009). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster & Brian Glick, Integrative Lawyering: Navigating the Political Economy of Urban Redevelopment, 95 Cal. L. Rev. 1999-2072 (2007). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster, The City as an Ecological Space: Social Capital and Urban Land Use, 82 Notre Dame L. Rev. 527-582 (2006). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster, Causation in Antidiscrimination Law: Beyond Intent Versus Impact, 41 Hous. L. Rev. 1469-1548 (2005). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster, Foreword, Critical Race Lawyering, 73 Fordham L. Rev. 2027-2039 (2005). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster, From Harlem to Havana: Sustainable Urban Development, 16 Tul. Envtl. L.J. 783-805 (2003). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster & Ari Afilalo, The World Trade Organization's Anti-Discrimination Jurisprudence: Free Trade, National Sovereignty, and Environmental Health in the Balance, 15 Geo. Int'l Envtl. L. Rev. 633-676 (2003). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster, Environmental Justice in an Era of Devolved Collaboration, 26 Harv. Envtl. L. Rev. 459-498 (2002). [HEIN] [W]
- Sheila R. Foster, Meeting the Environmental Justice Challenge: Evolving Norms in Environmental Decisionmaking, 30 Envtl. L. Rep. 10992-11005 (2000).
Book Chapters and Collected Works
- Sheila R. Foster, Vulnerability, Equality and Environmental Justice: The Potential and Limits of Law, in The Routledge Handbook of Environmental Justice 136-148 (Ryan Holifield, Jayajit Chakraborty & Gordon Walker eds., New York: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group 2018). [BOOK]
- Sheila R. Foster & Paolo Galizzi, Human Rights and Climate Change: Building Synergies for a Common Future, in Climate Change Law 43-53 (Daniel A. Farber & Marjan Peeters eds., Northampton, Mass.: Edward Elgar 2016).
- Sheila R. Foster & R.A. Lenhardt, The Racial Subject in Legal Theory, in The Oxford Handbook of Law and Politics 451-465 (Keith E. Whittington, R. Daniel Kelemen & Gregory A. Caldeira eds., New York: Oxford University Press 2008). [BOOK]