Georgetown Law Open on Time
The Law Center will open on time, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, but liberal leave is in effect.
All designated emergency employees must report to work on time. All other employees may take unscheduled leave, but should contact their supervisor to discuss the needs of their unit and individual circumstances. Classes will begin at their normal time, unless otherwise noted on the class cancellation line: 202-662-9446 or the class cancellation page. Any changes to this announcement will be communicated through the same channels by 5:00 am on Tuesday morning.
This State Guide lists the major sources of law in Utah.
- Utah Law and Links (University of Utah College of Law Library)
- Utah Legal Research (Utah State Law Library)
- Jessica C. Van Buren et al., Utah Legal Research (2011) (KFU75 .V36)
STATUTES & LEGISLATION
- Lexis: UT - Utah Constitution
- Print: Utah Code Annotated KFU30 1953 .A4 (Subscription cancelled 2012)
- Internet: Utah Code (Utah State Legislature)
- Session Laws:
- Bills (1896 - ) (Utah State Legislature & Utah State Archives and Records Service)
- Legislative Intent and Legislative History (Utah State Archives)
- James G. McLaren, Finding Utah Legislative Intent, Utah B.J., Feb. 1995, at 11.
REGULATIONS & AGENCIES
- Utah Administrative Code
- Internet: Utah Administrative Code (Utah Division of Administrative Rules)
- Utah State Bulletin
- Governor's Office
- Executive Orders:
- State Government Agencies
- Attorney General
- Attorney General Opinions:
CASES & COURTS
- Print: Pacific Reporter. First Series KF135 .P2 (1884-1931), Pacific Reporter. Second Series KF135 .P212 (1931 - 1988), West's Pacific Reporter. Second Series KF135. P212 (1988 - 2000) , West's Pacific Reporter. Third Series KF135 .P213 (2000-2012. Subscription cancelled.)
- Free Online:
- Utah City and County Government (utah.gov)
- Municipal Codes
STATE LAW REVIEWS & BAR JOURNALS
- Brigham Young University Law Review
- Utah Law Review
- Utah Bar Journal
- Utah State Bar
- Ethics Opinions
- Free Online: Utah State Bar (1995 - )
- Westlaw: UTETH-EO (1988 - )
- Lexis: National Reporter on Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility - UT Opinions (Select opinions, 1988 - )
- Rules of Professional Practice (Utah State Courts)
- Legal Encyclopedia: There is no general legal encyclopedia for Utah.
- Practice Materials:
- Other Resources:
Updated 5/14 CC
© Georgetown University Law Library. These guides may be used for educational purposes, as long as proper credit is given. These guides may not be sold. Requests to republish or adapt a guide should be directed to the Head of Reference. Proper credit includes the statement: Written by, or adapted from, Georgetown Law Library (current as of .....).