This State Guide lists the major sources of law Virginia.
- Virginia Research In-Depth (Georgetown Law Library)
- State Documents Bibliography: Virginia 2d ed., 2010, KFV2401 .L38 2010
- Legal Research in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia 2d ed., 2000, KF240 .C43 2000.
- A Guide to Legal Research in Virginia 7th ed., 2012, KFV2475 .G85.
- Legal Research in Virginia, Wolf Law Library, College of William and Mary
STATUTES & LEGISLATION
- Print: Code of Virginia (official), KFV2430 1950 .A3.
- Print: West's Annotated Code of Virginia (unofficial), KFV2430 1950 .A422.
- Virginia General Assembly Session Tracking, 1995 to present (bills, resolutions, summaries, calendars, etc.).
- Virginia General Assembly general information
REGULATIONS & AGENCIES
- Lexis Nexis: Browse Sources > VA - Virginia Administrative Code
- Bloomberg Law: Statutes & Regulations > Virginia > Virginia Administrative Code
- Office of the Governor
- Attorney General
- Executive Agencies
- Independent Agencies
CASES & COURTS
- Print: South Eastern Reporter, South Eastern Reporter Second Series and West's South Eastern Reporter Second Series, KF135 .S6 through KF135 .S612.
- Print: Cases Decided in the Supreme Court of Virginia (Virginia Reports), Virginia Court of Appeals Reports and Virginia Circuit Court Opinions, KFV 2445 .A2 through KFV2451 .V57.
- Internet: Virginia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
- Virginia's Judicial System. Rules, forms, people, publications, statistics, programs and services, mediation, guardians, etc.
STATE LAW REVIEWS & BAR JOURNALS
- Print: University of Richmond Law Review publishes an Annual Survey of Virginia Law. Journals, K25 .N725.
- Print: Virginia Lawyers' Weekly , Journals, K26 .I755. Legal news, appellate decisions, verdict and settlement reports, passed and pending legislation, etc.
- Print: Michie's Jurisprudence of Virginia and West Virginia, KFV2465 .M4
- Print: Virginia Practice Series, includes Business Entities, Civil Discovery, Criminal Procedure, Family Law and Trial Handbook for Virginia Lawyers
© Georgetown University Law Library. These guides may be used for educational purposes, as long as proper credit is given. These guides may not be sold. Requests to republish or adapt a guide should be directed to the Head of Reference. Proper credit includes the statement: Written by, or adapted from, Georgetown Law Library (current as of .....).