Spring 2015 Newsletter
From the Archives:
The Law Dames Club of the 1930s
The Law Dames Club was founded in 1935 by Mrs. Harold Gill Reuschlein, the wife of a faculty member at the Law Center. The aim of the club was to ensure that married couples remained close, even while the husbands were studying hard at the Law Center. The club’s many activities included bridge competitions, recipe exchanges, and card parties. On one occasion during the Great Depression, the club hosted a well-received lecture on “The Current Economic Situation.”
The club’s name has changed several times since its founding. In the 1960s it was renamed “Law Students’ Wives Club” and in 1973 it was changed to “Law Spouses Society.” Currently it is known as the “Georgetown Association for Spouses and Friends of Law Students.”
For more information on Special Collections posts or for more interesting pieces of Georgetown Law history, stop by Special Collections in Williams 210 or contact Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org.