Health Care Mock Moot Court: Department of Health and Human Services v. Florida, No. 11-398
January 23, 2012 — This "mock moot court" will preview an argument the U.S. Supreme Court will consider in Department of Health and Human Services v. Florida, No. 11-398. The question presented is whether Congress has the power under Article I of the Constitution to enact the minimum coverage provision of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Walter E. Dellinger, Partner, O'Melveny & Myers; former Acting Solicitor General of the United States (for Petitioner)
- Steven G. Bradbury, Partner, Dechert (for Respondent)
- David D. Cole, Professor, Georgetown University Law Center
- Maureen E. Mahoney, Of Counsel, Latham & Watkins
- Kannon K. Shanmugam, Partner, Williams & Connolly
- Kathleen M. Sullivan, Partner, Quinn Emanuel
- Seth P. Waxman, Partner, WilmerHale; Visiting Professor, Georgetown University Law Center; former Solicitor General of the United States
Date and Time
Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Georgetown University Law Center
Hart Auditorium - McDonough Hall
600 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
Media interested in attending should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.