LinkedIn Group -- "LL.M. Careers"
Graduate Career and Professional Development recently formed a LinkedIn subgroup, LL.M. Careers, for Georgetown Law LL.M. students and alumni to connect with one another and with the LL.M. career advisors in Graduate Career and Professional Development. LL.M. Careers is a place for Graduate Career & Professional Development to post career-search-related content and a place for students and alumni to form relationships and to foster productive career development discussions.
Please refer to our guidelines on e-Professionalism for attorneys for more information on LinkedIn and other social networking sites.
Legal Times Calendar
Regularly check the Legal Times Web site for a list of local seminars, roundtables and Continuing Legal Education (CLE) events.
American Bar Association (ABA) Calendar
For a comprehensive listing of ABA Section events scheduled during the year, visit the ABA Calendar. Consider joining a Section covering your area of professional interest, or even a Committee within a Section.
District of Columbia (D.C.) Bar Calendar
For comprehensive listing of Washington, D.C., Bar events scheduled during the year, visit the D.C. Bar Events calendar. Consider joining a Section covering your area of professional interest, or even a Committee within a Section. You should also consider attending events scheduled by the Maryland or Virginia Bar Associations.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
Georgetown Law offers comprehensive CLE programs throughout the year for attorneys practicing in the Washington, D.C. legal community. This resource is particularly good for more experienced LL.M. students and usually free of charge for Georgetown Law students. Just take your GOcard. Visit the Georgetown Law CLE Calendar.
Other Relationship-Building Resources:
- List of Associations in the D.C. Metropolitan Area
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association Members
- Securities Agencies, Associations and Organizations
- North American Securities Administrators Association Membership List
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners Membership List
- U.S. Bar Associations
- California State and Local Bar Associations
- International Bar Associations
- Georgetown Center on National Security and the Law's blog
- Minority Professional Network
Back to Job Search Resources