Georgetown Law is Closed
Closed - all classes and scheduled events are cancelled for THURSDAY, MARCH 5, 2015. Designated emergency personnel must report to work on time. Instructional Continuity is in place for the faculty members that wish to exercise it.
Resume and Cover Letter Review
Graduate Career and Professional Development will review drafts of your resumes and cover letters to help you improve and sharpen them. The resume and the cover letter are the two most important pieces of correspondence you will write during your job search process.
- To see how to draft a strong, clear resume that conveys your relevant skills, education, and employment history precisely and efficiently, go to our page on Preparing an Effective Resume.
- To learn about the essentials of constructing persuasive cover letters, go to our page on Drafting Effective Cover Letters and Post-Interview Correspondence.
- These pages, which include samples and guidelines to help you self-critique, will help you make a good start on these crucial documents, and during the academic year, we also encourage you to attend our workshops and drop-in sessions on resume, cover letter, and business correspondence writing.
We recognize that, even with all of these resources at your disposal, it can be useful to have someone else review these items to help ensure that they are free and clear of errors. To facilitate this process, we offer a service whereby you can submit your resume and/or cover letter electronically for review.
To use the resume review service, simply send your resume and/or your cover letter, starting the week after Orientation, and continue throughout the entire academic year, to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are a foreign-trained LL.M. student, or
- email@example.com, if you are a U.S.-trained LL.M. student
Graduate Career and Professional Development will make every effort to reply within one week, although occasionally this is impossible due to high volume. For this reason, please send your resume and/or any other business correspondence well in advance of any deadline.